Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Black Screen and 737ngx and P3Dv2.5

maybe wrong forum. I have installed and reinstalled 737ngx (latest) several times. I have the simconnect's installed. P3dv2.5 starts up fine with another plane but when I select PMDG 737's, the default, I get a black screen, no menu bar and P3d does nothing. I have to ctrl alt delete to task manager to shut down. Any clues. I have used the program activator program and I put serial in, it sits there, then disappears (it say activated but is it?) and p3d does nothing. I have a simconnect. xml in appdata-roaming LM;  simconnect cfg and ini  in Prepar3dv2 files in Documents. At a loss. Thanks for any advice.

Bob

Bob M

maybe wrong forum. I have installed and reinstalled 737ngx (latest) several times. I have the simconnect's installed. P3dv2.5 starts up fine with another plane but when I select PMDG 737's, the default, I get a black screen, no menu bar and P3d does nothing. I have to ctrl alt delete to task manager to shut down. Any clues. I have used the program activator program and I put serial in, it sits there, then disappears (it say activated but is it?) and p3d does nothing. I have a simconnect. xml in appdata-roaming LM;  simconnect cfg and ini  in Prepar3dv2 files in Documents. At a loss. Thanks for any advice.

Bob

Bob M

Bob, full names in the PMDG forums please.

yeah, installed and reinstalled rarely fixes anything and is more likely to multiply the problem.

This behavior from the simulator platform usually indicates a problem in the dll.xml file; haven't see it reported much with P3D but that's a good start. What else do you have installed besides PMDG that uses the dll.xml?

Dan Downs KCRP

Just ASN Connect, have asn on server and it connects fine ...but was done last.  Can't copy and paste dll...lol  No other aircraft or add-ons yet.

Thanks,

bob Morehead

Bob M

Actually Bob, you can copy paste the dll.xml because it is markup language... you can get fancy and put it in code brackets... but maybe the best thing to do is to get a support ticket going at PMDG Product Support here http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You say you have the simconnects installed so I assume you're talking about the recommendation in the readme to install all three of em.  Just checking, don't want to assume things.

I've installed/uninstalled many many times as a beta tester and have yet to have a problem so lets see what the experts at PMDG can do for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

thanks anyway but for some reason I can't paste here in this reply lol. Got a note from ryan at PMDG and maybe i'll hear from him soon :)

Bob Morehead

Bob M

Let us in the forum know what solved your problem, might help a few others down the road.

Dan Downs KCRP

solved my own problem, believe it or not, I was in a multi-monitor setup (4); I turned off all except one obviously and the ngx appeared and started right up; I then starting adding monitors one by one to the 4th and ngx was there everytime and initialized. Go figure? lol. It was just a lucky guess. Maybe that will help someone else. Wasn't in sli but all four enabled. Worked in sli as well (if sli really works anyway).

Thanks,

Bob Morehead

Bob M

I get the same thing, I just use alt+tab to bring the main menu of the P3D back. It's not a show stopper but it's annoying.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |