Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

DCS: F/A-18C

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

It looks really incredible.

Besides purchasing the F-18 Hornet addon, is it necessary to purchase DCS as well (or addons for it)?

Sorry folks, but I'm completely new to this.

if you  want  to  just install  the beta  2.5  version  of  dcs  and  see  how  you like   it,  had  dcs  1  when it  came  out, if  your into military  aircraft  than  this  is  a must on  addon,   especially  doing  the  cat  launches  and  recoveries:   and if  you want  to test  your  skills  try   landing  on the carrier   at  night  time:)

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well, Hornet got its second update today. Its now even better than it was....... I have to say that since DCS 2.5 launched my P3D installation hasn't had a look in.

How do you get the update(s)? I do not get a prompt in the module manager. Bought the Pre-order version.

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

1 hour ago, Baron58 said:

How do you get the update(s)? I do not get a prompt in the module manager. Bought the Pre-order version.

go  to the  start menu   go  to  your  dcs  folder , there click on the updater   open beta    than it  will update  to the latest  version,  also  to note  maybe  it the  time  zone  on when its  released

easy  way  to  do things  is  too download the gui updater,  make  sure  you dont  install  it  in the  dcs  folder

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete. Excellent utility. Solved my problem.

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

7 hours ago, Baron58 said:

Thanks Pete. Excellent utility. Solved my problem.

no  worries  yep  alot  easier  to update  and  repair   etc, also  just to let  you know  found  out  they release updates  wed  and  fridays

Edited by pete_auau

Peter kelberg

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

to  those of  that  got  the  hornet  he  was a  hornet  driver  he  explains  the numbers   on   landing  the hornet  on the carrier  and  how  to  set  things  up   3  videos  in total  more  to  come  from  him

• Like 1

Peter kelberg

***From ED FB Page***

"A Look at things to come"

3ry2dljtk7511.jpg

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Patrick

Patrick

New Lex Video Up

Patrick

With 2.5.2 now in "stable release", I was able to run my early access purchase Hornet. Interesting flight model! It's going to be a fine addition to DCS, when it gets completed.

However, since I have been flying the Superbug in P3dv4 for a while now, comparisons were inevitable. Unwisely, I started to compare the two aircraft simulations. I appreciate in that the Superbug is an "e" model, but the "c" block 20, in DCS is not that dissimilar in specifications. Particularly in weapon carrying capability, navigation and avionics.

At the moment, the DCS Hornet lacks any smart weapons capability. (JDAM, ALCM, Mavrick, or Stand off munitions.) Has no LGB capability, even in dropping for a ground lasing (JTAC) attack and no HARM, so attacking any defended targets is a no go! Also has no Harpoon for a sea bourn attack. (Viggen still reigns supreme for naval attack)

In Air to Air it also lacks Amram. Has heat seakers and semi active radar Sparrows, but lacks radar modes. Only simple scans are available, the Wide Scan mode is fixed. The DCS Hornet has no ground radar modes, no sea mode....as yet and no FLIR imagery on any of the DDI's, but there are no FLIR or LANTIRN pods as yet. But at least there is a sea Tacan for finding the carrier! (Small mercies!)

It lacks all the data modes in the GPS navigation modes. There is no list of Airfields, Tacans, NDB's, or waypoints. Hopefully these will be included later. Although it may take some coding to  get all 4 map coordinates in the aircraft. But if VRS can do it for the entire planet, then I trust ED can do their much  smaller map regions? The auto pilot can not couple (no CPL function) with the waypoints in the flight plan, neither can it couple with the Tacan for accurate autopilot course tracking. Autopilot is just heading hold or altitude hold, not both, so it's very basic! The trim is so slow it's of little use, given that the aircraft has auto trim enabled, it barely responds to trim input when requested. 

Flying it the other day, I was left thinking that it's basically up to the development level and capability of the Mig 21. It has rockets, iron bombs, cannon rounds for air to ground and Sidewinders, Sparrow and cannon for air to air.

ED are aware of these and are saying they are being worked on. If posted on their forum these comments get groans from some, but here we can speak from personal experience and have a more objective discussion. Mentioning the Superbug in ED forums doesn't sit well.....

When it's finished, the DCS Hornet will be compelling in the DCS battlefield environment that can be created with their excellent mission planner. At the moment, it's a work in progress. 

Best regards

David

• Upvote 1

From the previews, I thought it was gonna equalize or surpass Falcon BMS capabilities, but from your post I reckon it's still light years behind (for now).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]