Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

MIT - Maintenance and Income Tool (Freeware; FSPaX, AirHauler, FSE alike)

Hi,

It does not seem to be working in P3D v3. With a default installation, no changes to the xml files and only the panel.cfg updated with the MIT entries, ingame MIT is showing zero funds (default value in global xml file is 500000. When clicking on 'Buy Used For', it only says (Wait), without anything happening.

XMLtools for P3D are installed.

Might be this "bug" (well, more of a P3Dv3 feature) at work:

http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/disabling-cab-files.437967/#post-751143

Try to move the "MI_Tool_Aircraft" folder into the main P3D Gauges folder and see if it works. Keep in mind that you won't be able to use any plane-specific configurations that way. If it doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

(I'm really starting to dislike P3D v3. So many unnecessary bugs and compatibility issues.)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

New release.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed the unit of the purchase requirement variable
- Fixed display unit of best landing vertical speed
- Landing light reputation penalties should now clear correctly
- Fixed a fuel usage bug

Additions:
- Added MIT configuration overview page
- Added optional structural payload limit for aircraft
- Added gradual loss of power with increasing engine wear by limiting throttle

Changes:
- Best landing vertical speed now tracked per aircraft
- Purged some unused variables from the save files
- Overhauled failure generation system with realistic base probabilities

This update affects MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml, so keep in mind to carry over and review your settings.
Since there were changes to the save files, edit them as per the instructions below or start over!

Save file editing before running the updated MIT for the first time:
1.) Delete lines #38 to (and including) #44 from the aircraft save file. The resulting file should have 61 lines with numbers in it.
2.) CUT line #3 from company save file and PASTE to end of aircraft save file.

Documentation and download:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-HUCYi9oLjpQQGUMv29CzjDirvzOlXjep6YluTYIPMk/edit

This may be the most comprehensive update to MIT in ages. I've also overhauled the documentation a bit to reflect the changes.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug/exploit that made earning money by idling on the ground possible
- Landing vertical speed is now correctly treated as a negative value
- Aircraft value calculation now working as it should
- Reputation can not go above 100 anymore
- Flight comfort grading uses negative vertical speed instead of positive

Additions:
- Added a help overlay to every page that will highlight all available clickspots
- A basic contract system generates random payload demand and payload rates every flight based on company reputation. Contracts can be renegotiated at the cost of reputation
- Calculation of payload demand uses maximum structural payload as a baseline when a value for such a limit is defined in the aircraft settings file

Changes:
- Landing light altitude restrictions now depend on the departure and destination airport altitudes
- Rewrote the user interface gauge, cutting the lines of code by more than 50% and reducing file size almost by half
- Polished the UI gauge here and there, changing orders and terms in some places
- Proper double-headed arrow bitmap
- A/B/C-Check and repair cost now scales with aircraft empty weight
- Total aircraft time decreases aircraft value
- Flight time is only tracked when airborne
- Overhauled the entire documentation

This update affects MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml, so keep in mind to carry over and review your settings.

Documentation and download: See previous post.

• Upvote 1

Quick and small update:

Bug fixes:

- Fixed a bug that prevented tracking of the landing vertical speed

- Engine power limitation due to engine wear works correctly now

Only MI_Tool_System.xml is affected, so no need for aircraft and save file config mumbo jumbo.

Documentation and download: See previous post.

Another small update:

Bug fixes:
- Landing vertical speed should finally be displayed and treated correctly
- Landing gear wear is only calculated when the aircraft is actually moving

Changes:
- Flight quality ratings are only computed when airborne
- Flight comfort now tracks g force instead of vertical speed

Additions:
- An offset parameter to adjust both min and max allowable flight g force in MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml

This update affects MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml, so keep in mind to carry over and review your settings!

See post #18.

• Upvote 1

hi björn

first: thank you very much for your great little software!! i'm new to it, coming from the other cargo-payware, which i don''t like anymore. slow & clunky interface with time pressure and excel-like micromanagement-grind. your tool is exactly what i was searching for! love it!!! :)

1. i have downloaded your latest files some minutes ago and have replaced all old files and folders with your new ones in default config. now it shows a landing value. but  at "best landig" it shows always "-9999 ft/min" . the value doesn't change (same plane, several landings). could you doublecheck?

2. feature request: would it be possible to add some kind of loogbook-file next to the other files in main folder, company based und loadable in excel? for a simple overview for the best or worst landings, and some numbers showing the growi of the company? would be a nice addition.

3. another feature request: if not too complex, could you make a panel version with manual engine on/off buttons, that could work with the majestic dash8? you know the unrecognised engine status problem with the majestic plane? that would be great, if a workaround would allow to fly the dash8 with your tool.

however, i hope you go on with your software!!! 

beste grüße,

elki

hi björn

first: thank you very much for your great little software!! i'm new to it, coming from the other cargo-payware, which i don''t like anymore. slow & clunky interface with time pressure and excel-like micromanagement-grind. your tool is exactly what i was searching for! love it!!! :)

1. i have downloaded your latest files some minutes ago and have replaced all old files and folders with your new ones in default config. now it shows a landing value. but  at "best landig" it shows always "-9999 ft/min" . the value doesn't change (same plane, several landings). could you doublecheck?

2. feature request: would it be possible to add some kind of loogbook-file next to the other files in main folder, company based und loadable in excel? for a simple overview for the best or worst landings, and some numbers showing the growi of the company? would be a nice addition.

3. another feature request: if not too complex, could you make a panel version with manual engine on/off buttons, that could work with the majestic dash8? you know the unrecognised engine status problem with the majestic plane? that would be great, if a workaround would allow to fly the dash8 with your tool.

however, i hope you go on with your software!!! 

beste grüße,

elki

1. This shouldn't happen. I'll check it out.

2. Company related values can be pulled from the save file after every flight (a list of variables corresponding to the values is provided in the gauge's folder). Exporting the last flight's result can be implemented as an option as well, but further processing of the results (in a spreadsheet) would be entirely up to you.

3. Should be doable, I guess.

P.S: A+ username!

- Edit:

I think I found the source of the best landing VS bug. The fixed revision is uploaded, so redownload it (same link) and overwrite MI_Tool.xml.

The logging funtion for the last flight and the engine status override were less work than anticipated. Both require activation in the aircraft-related config file and the former will export in CSV format to make it easier to import into a spreadsheet.

Still considering some other things, so I won't upload the new revision just yet.

This update is of particular interest for Majestic Dash 8 users and bookworms keeping track of their exploits in spreadsheets.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed missing indication for total landing gear failure in message window

Changes:

Additions:
- An optional "force engine running" function for users of Majestic's Dash 8 (see debug settings in MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml).
- The flight result may optionally be exported in .csv formatting as "ZZZ_MIT_LastFlight.txt", located in the FSX main folder. The feature is off by default and has to be enabled in MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml.

See reply #18 above.

hi bjoern

that's great! i did a quick flight with the dash8 and it looks good! rough landing, blown tires, but i've got the money for the cargo after the manual switch. :D

i like to test it some more on next weekend!

thanks a lot for the new features! :)

elki

...after many blown tires and rough landing, i've got finally my personal record. -14 ft/min with ATR 426 at evening borabora :)

i love it !!! :D

elki

fkEHG5X.png