Sign in to follow this  
fspilot737

PMDG 777 cockpit freeze

Hi everyone, i just tried to change FL and suddenly everything freezes, becomes inoperative, everything in cockpit is clickable but inoperative, happened few times in a row already.
note: i recently disabled RAAS in dll.xml because it helps me free some ram.

5dMeNaU.jpg

I am trying to figure out what is happening in the picture.  You are in a level cruise at FL190, roll mode is LNAV but ND does not display an active route and active waypoint, and you have entered FL190EE in the scratchpad.  Hmm,

Granted, no user input should cause a problem.  A bad input should be handled, so you might have something there.

But I am more interested in understanding what you are trying to do, and how you got there.  Are you familiar with the product?  Have you finished the tutorials?

Dan Downs KCRP

The window title shows a connection to Wideserver and states it is waiting for clients so is it safe to assume this person is trying to fly networked or with multiplayer?  Perhaps that is making the sim freeze.  I don't have any experience with multiplayer but there is a good possibility that network traffic (or lack thereof) may have caused the freeze.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I am trying to figure out what is happening in the picture.  You are in a level cruise at FL190, roll mode is LNAV but ND does not display an active route and active waypoint, and you have entered FL190EE in the scratchpad.  Hmm,

Granted, no user input should cause a problem.  A bad input should be handled, so you might have something there.

But I am more interested in understanding what you are trying to do, and how you got there.  Are you familiar with the product?  Have you finished the tutorials?

I flew route EBBR-EDDP as BOX117 on vatism, cruise level was supposed to be FL190, i reached FL190 then it showed me to step climb to FL350, i didn't want that so i tried to change crz alt to FL190 and as soon as i entered FL190 it didn't want to execute it, i pressed couple times exec but nothing happened so thats why u can't see any active route in this pic also FL190EE is mistake, didn't even mean to enter that.

Just set your step size to 0.   Regardless, the step climb is a recommendation and it's not going to climb as long as you KEEP the cruise altitude and don't change the MCP ALT.

The FMC was simply pointing out that there was a better altitude.

Dan Downs KCRP