Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Can't log in

Fellows,

Came back after long time spending abroad, noticed there's new sp1d, can't log in to download, the page doesn't load. any ideas?  cheers.

any ideas?

This usually means that someone is going to the Service Updates page and not paying full attention to what is written:

"You will need to log-in to your eCommerce account and redownload the 737 installer from your View previous orders page or from your original purchase email. "

The underlined part is what most people seem to miss, and in so doing, try to return to the Service Updates page (which is outside of the log-in area), which puts them in an endless loop.

1. Log in
  2. Find your original order
  3. Download the installer from your original order page
  4. While it's downloading uninstall the existing version
  5. Install the downloaded version when it's done

Kyle Rodgers

This usually means that someone is going to the Service Updates page and not paying full attention to what is written:

"You will need to log-in to your eCommerce account and redownload the 737 installer from your View previous orders page or from your original purchase email. "

The underlined part is what most people seem to miss, and in so doing, try to return to the Service Updates page (which is outside of the log-in area), which puts them in an endless loop.

1. Log in

Perhaps blinking text and fireworks would work better for people to see? Hahahaha

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

1. Log in

Hey Kyle, just tried that, didn't work either, I can't find the email too. cheers.

Edit: just found the email, tried to link from there and it didn't work too.

Hey Kyle, just tried that, didn't work either, I can't find the email too. cheers.

Can you be more specific about "doesn't work?"

Can't log into the site?

Can't find your order?

Can't see a link at the bottom of your order?

Kyle Rodgers

Can you be more specific about "doesn't work?"

Can't log into the site?

Can't find your order?

Can't see a link at the bottom of your order?

Can't log in to the log in page from service update page, can't go to the original link to the download page from the email and cannot go to PMDG store from the main page. if you need more info I am right here. cheers.

Can't log in to the log in page from service update page, can't go to the original link to the download page from the email and cannot go to PMDG store from the main page. if you need more info I am right here. cheers.

So you're going to this page:

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/Checkout.asp?cmode=1

...and your login information is not working? Are you sure you have the right email that you used to purchase the aircraft? The right password (if you forgot the password, note that there's a Forgot Password function below the login window)?

If you can't get to the page in the link, then something is blocking our site between your computer and the site.

Kyle Rodgers

So you're going to this page:

https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/Checkout.asp?cmode=1

...and your login information is not working? Are you sure you have the right email that you used to purchase the aircraft? The right password (if you forgot the password, note that there's a Forgot Password function below the login window)?

If you can't get to the page in the link, then something is blocking our site between your computer and the site.

Exactly Kyle, I can't go to that page unfortunately, need to figure that out now I guess. cheers.

Exactly Kyle, I can't go to that page unfortunately, need to figure that out now I guess. cheers.

If you can't get to the store site, then you're likely running into firewall issues, or blocking by your ISP. The store is definitely up.

Kyle Rodgers

If you can't get to the store site, then you're likely running into firewall issues, or blocking by your ISP. The store is definitely up.

Ouch, any idea how to solve it? thanks

Ouch, any idea how to solve it? thanks

Look at your firewall to see if there are any rules in there for our site. Also check the settings of the program, as some of them have settings for online purchases that can block sites. Since there are a ton of different firewall programs out there (on top of the built in Windows one, and the one likely set on your router at home), I can't really get more specific than that.

To verify it's a firewall issue, if you have a cell phone, turn off the wireless function so you're using cell data and try to access our site. If it works, it's an issue on your computer/network. An alternate way of verifying would be to take a laptop off your home network and into a coffee shop or something to try to access our site.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey kyle, just got in the site using my cellphone, connected to my home Wi-Fi. I can't even go to avsim now using my desk computer absolutely not sure why. But anyways do you think it's a windows thing? Not sure where to start with because it's the first time I am facing that problem and I haven't done anything new. Cheers.

EDIT: I can now go to avsim site using my computer but still cannot log in, when I lress on the log in/register I get this webpage isn't available err connection timed out. Btw I did not find any inbound or outbound rules for connection with the site. Thanks

Hey kyle, just got in the site using my cellphone, connected to my home Wi-Fi. I can't even go to avsim now using my desk computer absolutely not sure why. But anyways do you think it's a windows thing?

Probably a firewall or browser issue. Try another browser. If that doesn't work, then you might need to add an exception specifically for our domain (precisionmanuals.com).

If it works on your phone, it's definitely an issue on your computer/network, but there are so many moving parts there, I couldn't really pin it down for you.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, been a week or so since last posted, Tried many various things, didn't work. the weird thing is that I can go to my page via my laptop including to the download page which I can't go using my desk computer. is there any chance I can download the update using my laptop and transfer to my desk computer? I just don't have the time/ skills to figure this thing out. I really hope for a quick/ easy solution but I couldn't do it. BTW I checked my windows firewall and didn't find anything suspicious. If that helps I googled "can't go to pmdg website" and found few other members having the same problem. cheers.

is there any chance I can download the update using my laptop and transfer to my desk computer?

Yeah. Just transfer it to a USB drive, or external hard drive. If you're not able to get to certain parts of our site, then you might not be able to reach the activation server. For this reason, DO NOT attempt to unregister your 777 through the FMC return license feature (you shouldn't be doing this anyway for an uninstall/reinstall/update, but even more so now).

If that helps I googled "can't go to pmdg website" and found few other members having the same problem. cheers.

The site is definitely up, and there's no reason anyone can't get to it unless their personal firewall, or their internet provider is blocking it, or some other externality (like a browser being hijacked, or an Anti virus software getting overly protective)...so, sure, a few others might be having the same issue, but there really isn't much we can do about it.

Kyle Rodgers