Sign in to follow this  
Old_As_Dirt

10.40 b6 is out

Anyone getting a crash when they close X-Plane?. Mine is crashing now with no info in the log on why.

No Tony.  I just finished a rather long flight and it closed normally.

John

John Wingold

I'm itrigued by the fact that in some airplanes I can hear the avionics sound and in others can't (sasl/gizmo driven), yes sounds are correctly in place... all of this since the 10.40 beta run, anyone else noting this?

Alexander Colka

Where's Mitch? Odd betas frames through the roof; even betas frames down the toilet !!  :wink:

I have not noticed any decrease in framerates or, for that matter, any changes at all in b6.

John

777_v10_29.md.png

John Wingold

Interested to know if the code was tightened and targeted at FR or Smoothness.

Bob

I am curious about no release note updates yet, Ben used to update them a few hours later. Did only 2 flight so far, noticed horizon artifacts are no longer present on my Nvidia GTX 780M 2013 Imac.

Frame rates seems to be the same to me.

Ben said they will extend 10.40 beta process because they have decided to include a bunch of more stuff for 10.40 release. Let's see what the release notes and next steps reveal.

Manuel Merelles

Patch notes are up

http://www.x-plane.com/types/release-notes/

The only changes that went into this seem to be support for the download/online version. The goodies will probably come in the next beta

...and I think it is pretty interesting how users find that stuff has significantly changed with this new beta. Better/worse framerates, better/worse clouds, better/worse colours, etc. I guess it shows in a dramatic way how subjective and error-prone the asessment of us users is when judging sim performance and appearance.

I wish Ben would at one time post a new beta with the description "serious work on rendering engine, clouds and scenery system - please report your findings!" - and then NOT change a single line of code... That would make for interesting reading :-)

Jan

i've had 2 crashes with this beta and that didn't happen with previous 10.4 betas.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

pretty interesting how users find that stuff has significantly changed

I went back and flew a flight at dusk at high altitude (FL370) with b5 (which I had saved) and then b6.  Same time - same place - same settings.  It was not just my imagination that the upper sky went from black to a dark blue, which seems much more realistic. This, and there was no definitive line separating the lower sky and the upper - just a gradient.  I did this to satisfy myself that it was not just my imagination.  Did something fail to install itself in the b5?  I don't know, but there IS definitely a difference there in my B5 and B6. Nothing else that I have noticed, but definitely that.

John 

John Wingold