Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Anything on the horizon better than RC4 for FSX?

the proatc is based on the flightplan generated by the software, you then plug in the same flightplan with into your fmc

So you have to put this in manually into a carenado for instance that sounds scary to me - can I just give it dep and arr airport and it will get me there ? this is mainly a ga aircraft as on youtube all you see is tubliners - is there a demo for this ? thanks much

Rich Sennett

So you have to put this in manually into a carenado for instance that sounds scary to me - can I just give it dep and arr airport and it will get me there ? this is mainly a ga aircraft as on youtube all you see is tubliners - is there a demo for this ? thanks much

no i am pretty sure you will need waypoints / flightplan prior to flying / loading proatcx, probably not suited to your aircraft checkout their website and see whethere there is a demo. 

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

no i am pretty sure you will need waypoints / flightplan prior to flying / loading proatcx, probably not suited to your aircraft checkout their website and see whethere there is a demo. 

Thanks looking for something that doesnt involve being a rocket scientist before a flight to much time - looking for something simple as in sim atc but actually works :) proatc-x is probably to involved to have a demo for it so I doubt it I am not seeing it there - thank you - hunt goes on for something simple

Rich Sennett

You might want to consider RC4 then. It's simple, reliable and loads in flight plans that you can create externally (Fs2Build, Flightaware, Simbrief, etc). The Carenado Hawker has an FMC that you program by hand, so whatever flight plan you come up with, you'd want to make sure you load in manually. If you're flying something without an FMC (like the C404 for example), you can just load the flight plan into FSX when you set up the flight and GPS will follow it accordingly. The only thing GPS won't do is SID/STARs (it follows the waypoints within the SID/STARs, but doesn't load them by the SID/STAR names like an FMC would.

The Carenado Hawker has an FMC that you program by hand, so whatever flight plan you come up with, you'd want to make sure you load in manually.

If you're flying something without an FMC (like the C404 for example), you can just load the flight plan into FSX when you set up the flight and GPS will follow it accordingly. 

1. How do you load it manually meaning how will I RC4 retrieve my fmc info ?

2. Can I load a flight plan in the P3D planner and RC will work with that method ?

3. Do I have to use voice commands ?

Thanks much

Rich Sennett

I use FSBuild2 for most of my flight planning, but only after copying what is present on Flightaware if I'm doing commercial ops. FSBuild2 exports out to a .pln format (which is what FSX uses, but I don't have p3d, so I'm not sure what format it uses). I then load the pln file into RC4 and by hand into an FMC if I'm flying PMDG/Aerosoft or via the flight planner in FSX if I'm using something that has the standard GPS.

If you don't want to use FSbuild2, you can sign up for a free account on Simbrief.com and it'll export your flight plans from there with better fuel planning options. I use SimBrief for fuel planning instead of flight planning since it uses an AIRAC from 2014 unless you buy an online serial to get the latest navdata. In most cases, it won't understand the current SID/STARs, but it does know most if not all way points, so it's 'close enough' for fuel planning.

I'll put a video together tonight and link it to explain what I mean if that would help. I don't use P3D, but I'd like to think the .pln format is compatible. Can anyone here confirm?

I'll put a video together tonight and link it to explain what I mean if that would help. I don't use P3D, but I'd like to think the .pln format is compatible. Can anyone here confirm?

Sure does - thanks

Rich Sennett

Do you really think John would be open to this? I would love to continue developing RC4!

I really have no idea but if he really has moved away from coding then there's a load of code sitting there that will never be used. A v5 version would obviously affect sales of v4 but I don't know how many licences are being sold these days. His email address is in the pinned top topic on the RC Forum.

The only thing to consider is RC4 was written using VB6. That is probably not the language favoured by programmers these days.

ProATC-X  is probably the best ATC out there at the moment.

http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcx_e/proatcxfeatures.html

As a user could you confirm if the following are still in the latest version?

1) British Airways enunciated as British Airways. Should be Speedbird.

2) ATC clears you to a higher FL but if you level off before reaching it are you chastised?

Potential users should also be aware instructions to FAA/ICAO standards are not used.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I really have no idea but if he really has moved away from coding then there's a load of code sitting there that will never be used. A v5 version would obviously affect sales of v4 but I don't know how many licences are being sold these days. His email address is in the pinned top topic on the RC Forum.

The only thing to consider is RC4 was written using VB6. That is probably not the language favoured by programmers these days.

As a user could you confirm if the following are still in the latest version?

1) British Airways enunciated as British Airways. Should be Speedbird.

2) ATC clears you to a higher FL but if you level off before reaching it are you chastised?

Potential users should also be aware instructions to FAA/ICAO standards are not used.

I am not sure about British Airways as i have never flown as BA, I have always given instructions to climb higher before reaching the assigned altitude, if you disobey, ATC just keeps repeating itself till you go higher.

I am not sure about British Airways as i have never flown as BA, I have always given instructions to climb higher before reaching the assigned altitude, if you disobey, ATC just keeps repeating itself till you go higher.

Ah so that bug has been fixed. Previously if you levelled off before reaching the commanded altitude the controller just ignored the fact.

Someone asked about correcting some callsigns. American is also in there. It hasn't been answered yet. http://pointsoftware.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16176&sid=f78e03c1aef50113d4480e0a7a7785ed

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ah so that bug has been fixed. Previously if you levelled off before reaching the commanded altitude the controller just ignored the fact.

Someone asked about correcting some callsigns. American is also in there. It hasn't been answered yet. http://pointsoftware.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16176&sid=f78e03c1aef50113d4480e0a7a7785ed

ok so i just loaded up a flight from Birmingham and the BA call sign is still "British Airways" however the ATC message on top of the screen in the FSX window it says "Speedbird" 

Hi Clayton,

I have been keeping an open eye on ProATC-X for long time, but for several reasons I always retracted and failed to do the final step so far. Can you please tell us more about how flight plans created with PFPX are imported or used within ProATC-X? I read in other sites that users generally copy&paste the flight plan directly into ProATC-X, but I am not quite sure. Can you please enlighten me about this?

Are SID/STARS also imported or simply ignored as in FSX?

Thanks