Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Do all of you use NVidia Inspector?

Question:   Do you use Nvidia Inspector?   If you don't, I'd like to know why.   I'm trying to go through some investigative work to see what is causing intermittent crashes in the sim.   Not CTD types, but fatal errors and graphic anamolies that require a total restart.

Stan

Works OK with my 970. Any specific issue(s) someone might help with?

That said, while I use NI, there is much that can be done with the NVIDIA Control Panel and many folks probably see no reason to use NI at all. Interesting question.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Yes and it works amazing with GTX970 not only in FSX.

I encourage you to read all you can find about each setting. Well worth it.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

No, the NV control panel is good enough.

No, the NV control panel is good enough.

I use NI because it completely gets rid of the shimmering in the VC,  I use these exact settings   http://www.robainscough.com/images/f3e7e2de156371714a288be9d1ffc667.jpg   it has a knock on the system alright but not that much that id want to go back to the shimmering thing 

I would be more then happy to use the NV Control panel but no matter what i change in the NV control panel i still get the shimmering thing around the clocks, gauges and just in general really.

So Jim please share your NV control panel settings to see if i can get rid of NI and i wont annoy you anymore.........well today anyway :rolleyes:  

I use NI because it completely gets rid of the shimmering in the VC,  I use these exact settings   http://www.robainscough.com/images/f3e7e2de156371714a288be9d1ffc667.jpg   it has a knock on the system alright but not that much that id want to go back to the shimmering thing 

I would be more then happy to use the NV Control panel but no matter what i change in the NV control panel i still get the shimmering thing around the clocks, gauges and just in general really.

So Jim please share your NV control panel settings to see if i can get rid of NI and i wont annoy you anymore.........well today anyway :rolleyes:  

Not going to happen in p3d 2.5 you need NI - maybe in next release like it was in 2.4 never had to use NI there

Rich Sennett

Not going to happen in p3d 2.5 you need NI - maybe in next release like it was in 2.4 never had to use NI there

Ok cool thank you Rich 

Ok cool thank you Rich 

Welcome   :rolleyes:

Rich Sennett

PLEASE share your NV settings.   I want the alternative to try.  I have the 780 ti card.

Stan

PLEASE share your NV settings.   I want the alternative to try.  I have the 780 ti card.

Stan

Nothing special

2vrzltk.jpg

Rich Sennett

Question:   Do you use Nvidia Inspector?   If you don't, I'd like to know why.   I'm trying to go through some investigative work to see what is causing intermittent crashes in the sim.   Not CTD types, but fatal errors and graphic anamolies that require a total restart.

Stan

I use NVI with FSX and DX10 with no issues that you described.

Start a poll.

something like

1. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX and DX10 without those problems you described
  2. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX without DX10 without those problems you described
  3. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX SE and DX10 without those problems you described
  4. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX SE without DX10 without those problems you described
  5. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX and DX10 with those problems you described
  6. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX without DX10 with those problems you described
  7. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX SE and DX10 with those problems you described
  8. I use NVIDIA Inspector with FSX SE without DX10 with those problems you decribed