Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Do all of you use NVidia Inspector?

Stan those were for P3D - not sure if you are still using fsx

Rich Sennett

Hi,

I am using the std NV Control Panel.

Used to use NV Inspector but this was just one other tool to load up.

I found that with some tuning of the Control Panel settings, like Jim, was able to overcome most of the shimmering and stuttering in FSX.

Of course, you don't have as much flexibility with fewer options in the std Control Panel but in my experience it is good enough.

Cheers,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I've been also using NI for years, first in DX9 and now in DX10. Parameters as indicated in  xxxxx's guide. Currently using a GTX970 graphics card.

Very intrigued now to see what else (if anything) can be improved from the Nvidia's graphics settings... never bothered to go check there really.

Jordi Vidal

I have to use NI to get the VS to work correctly. The Nvidia CP only offers 1/2 synch with Adaptive which for me causes tearing.. There is no option to use STandard and 1/2 synch in the CP. hence NI. I use FSX SE by the way.

Thanks

I use it, but I use it for more then FSX. I play a lot of other games and have edited preferences in quite a lot of them (Some, like Age of Empires 2 I don't because I don't see the point)

I still use the Nvidia control panel, I simply haven't the desire to learn all the features in Inspector or how to properly use them.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nothing special

2vrzltk.jpg

I thought this was the MS FSX:SE forum?  I would think there would be a difference in settings between P3D and FSX:SE.

NI comes into play more so when combining it with DX10.  I use a combo of NI, DX10 and of course, a sprinkle of tweaks in the fsx.cfg file, but not too much as it will spoil the sim.  Then you have to consider what your in-sim settings are as well.  YMMV though.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thx for sharing Jim.

I am actually going to use on Nvidia CP when Win 10 arrives to my desktop simming PC :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks, Jim Skorna,

Here's what I did and I have NO MORE crashes, and my frames rates are friggin' incredible  (40's and 50's and higher from my home airport rather than mid-20's, 30's).

• I deleted my old CFG file and generated a new one.
  • Downloaded all the ORBX updates and North American airports (took over an hour last night)
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY, I did not activate NVidia Inspector but instead used JIM's settings for the NVidia CONTROL PANEL!!!

No more hesitations, and Anti-aliasing looks great.  Flights are smooth and have 30% greater FPS from my home airport (KABE) so far.  I will try in all other airports to double check.  But so far, I am most pleased that my crashes have stopped when changing airplanes or making any changes after the initial flight.

I hope it's not a "fluke", but so far, I am extremely pleased with Jim's settings and everything seems to be working well.   Fingers crossed.

Stan

Jim Skorna has mentioned it several times in other posts.

I am no longer using FSX, but I plan to make a clean install of my Nvidia drivers, when I get upgraded to Win10 by the end of this month ( so I hope ), and start using ** only ** the control panel. Of the sims I use, DCS World, IL2 BoS, Condorsoaring and Aerowinx PSX, only the first two have NI settings enabled. 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I never really wanted NI but because I was finally feed up with the shimmering in FSX vc panel gauges I gave it a try. Now my FSX looks fantastic with clean gauges and I am really sold on  this program.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png