Sign in to follow this  
ahammerman

Speech use

Hi, I'm a little confused on how the speech is used in Fs2Crew. 

I just made my first successful flight using the buttons, but how do I do it using speech? Are there any settings I need to change? Or do you just say "Check" or whatever the command might be. 

I went through and did all the setting and such that the manual said to do for speech, I have Windows 8.1, I do not have a mic other then the one built into my computer. 

Thanks,

Avery Hammerman

I just made my first successful flight using the buttons, but how do I do it using speech? Are there any settings I need to change? Or do you just say "Check" or whatever the command might be. 
I went through and did all the setting and such that the manual said to do for speech, I have Windows 8.1, I do not have a mic other then the one built into my computer.

Basically you just need to set your Speech Recognizer to English - US as per the manual.

If you have a non-English version of Windows, you can download the English - US language pack since you have Win 8.

As for using voice, you'll need to follow the Voice tutorial.

It's a lot more involved than just saying 'check'.  We use real-world procedures.

Using a built-in mic is not recommended as it will pick up a lot of noise from your speakers.

Headsets are the best.  A $20 usb headset is all you need.  USB's aren't a must, but they're the easiest to work with in my view.

Thanks for the response, I figured it out already though. I had read the button manual instead of voice manual. I performed a successful flight and am very impressed with the product.

Great job Fs2Crew!

Avery Hammerman