Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Windows 10 and FS9?

You won't be able to dual boot W10 (non beta) and W7 with the same license.

Ooops, that's very true of course! I wasn't thinking..

Thanks for offering your beta ISO. How big is it (I have download limits here in Sri Lanka). Maybe I can download it from the UK in a few weeks time? I am certainly not going to go with Win10 (non-beta) until I am sure all my hardware will function (which seems ever more unlikely).

I won't have the PC until I get to the UK in September, so this is by way of preparation..

im, this is not true.
One you UPGRADE to W10, THEN you can perform a clean install. MS will probably provide an ISO for people who want to do a format of their drives. If not, W10 has a built in reset utility that cleans the drive and reinstalls the OS.

You are correct - http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-can-be-clean-installed-during-and-after-free-upgrade.%C2'>

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You won't be able to dual boot W10 (non beta) and W7 with the same license.

Ooops, that's very true of course! I wasn't thinking..

Thanks for offering your beta ISO. How big is it (I have download limits here in Sri Lanka). Maybe I can download it from the UK in a few weeks time? I am certainly not going to go with Win10 (non-beta) until I am sure all my hardware will function (which seems ever more unlikely).

I won't have the PC until I get to the UK in September, so this is by way of preparation..

Somebody on Reddit uploaded the latest build. Check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3ee1gx/windows_10_10240_esd_download_here/

EDIT: These seem to be ESD files, not ISOs.

Edited by linux731

Reading with great interest how W10 will work with all our sims and add-ons.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Have decided for various reasons (drivers for hardware for instance) to stick to Windows 7 for now and perhaps move to an upgrade (then clean install) later on!