Sign in to follow this  
WilloW_737

Audible alarm before landing - anyone know the reason ?

Thank you for your replies.

I agree that it is not good practice to judge anything real from a simulation, as there are variables.  But when I heard the alarm I was naturally curious.  I have not heard this alarm in real aircraft videos, nor have a read about it in the FCOM and FCTM.

It appears from the replies that the alarm is NOT 737 related and is NOT a customised sound that is regularly used.

Which is good, as it means I can sleep tonight :)

Cheers,     Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

I soft "ping" in the cockpit before landing is from the cabin. A cabine call info: Cabin Ready for lading and by a take off Ready for Take-off

I think??

Regards Jovabra

I soft "ping" in the cockpit before landing is from the cabin. A cabine call info: Cabin Ready for lading and by a take off Ready for Take-off
I think??

If you listen to the video, it goes off several times. There really isn't that much non-verbal communication like that at random times from in back.

Kyle Rodgers

As for the sound in the original video in over thirteen years of flying the 737 I've never heard anything like it. There's no audible alert for AT disconnect.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg