Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

HYD off during push

What benefit does this provide, or what is the reason you'd want to do this procedure?

Thanks.

Safety precaution to protect the ground crew during pushback or anyone working around the nose gear. So airlines call for there crew to turn off HYD A pumps

Vernon Howells

Safety precaution to protect the ground crew during pushback or anyone working around the nose gear. So airlines call for there crew to turn off HYD A pumps

Thanks for the information. What exactly does this protect from?

What exactly does this protect from?

I think the HYD A system covers flight controls and nose wheel steering (amongst other obviously) having HYD A off for pushback is just an extra safety precaution for any Ground Crew that may get in the way.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Thanks for the information. What exactly does this protect from?

because the A system powers the Nose Wheel Steering, which can damage the pushback truck if the bypass pin is not installed correctly.

Vernon Howells

Thanks for the info guys! Does this mean using SOP1 then, that when boarding is complete that the "can we pressurize the hydraulics" section can be skipped if it is set in the CFG as "HYD A SYSTEM Depressurized on push back"?

I have read somewhere in the manual, that if you say "Can we pressurize the hydraulics?", it bypasses the option and the hydraulics A will be switched on by the PNF no matter what you have selected as option.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I have read somewhere in the manual, that if you say "Can we pressurize the hydraulics?", it bypasses the option and the hydraulics A will be switched on by the PNF no matter what you have selected as option.

That is correct.

You obviously wouldn't ask to pressurize the Hydraulics, then de-pressurize them.

That is correct.

You obviously wouldn't ask to pressurize the Hydraulics, then de-pressurize them.

That's what I was thinking. I saw that in the manual, I was just trying to see what was common practice and why. So I've got it now, I'll select to turn them off for pushback and won't ask ground crew to pressurize.

Thanks for the clarification.

I pressurize my ELEC HYD pumps first thing during my preliminary and flight deck safety inspection procedure, because how can your FO check the hydraulic resovoir in the wheel well, when there is no Hydraulic pressure, and how can you check control surfaces without Hydraulics.. the flow is guidance, but it is not a recipe.

Vernon Howells

Hi all. I'm interested in why before pushback first officer turns off the hydraulic eng 1 (system A) and elec 1 (system B)?

52a91415d38f.jpg

It must be so

d94bbc7503ad.jpg

Another question. Why did the first officer not disable the hydraulics electrics 2 and 1 after arrival at the gate during shutdown procedure? Thanks.

Thats prob from another airlines SOP but we should be talking about SOP1 - 3

Vernon Howells

Another question. Why did the first officer not disable the hydraulics electrics 2 and 1 after arrival at the gate during shutdown procedure? Thanks.

The answer to that question is in the manuals. Have a look and if you don't find it I will give you the reference.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I will have to look on my flight this morning during pushback.  Using SOP-1 the co pilot keeps ELEC A and B off during pushback.  This is starting in the PMDG Long Panel State.

I happened to catch that YT video of the person that filmed a preflight of a SWA 737 and remembering see the pilot turning off only the A pumps (ELEC and ENG) but leaving both B pumps on

Like I said I could be mistaken but I'll look this moring when I do a flight.

Sean Green