Sign in to follow this  
byork

Question: Which SOP do you prefer and why?

For SOP1 definitely.

Less workload for the captain, allowing to focus more on controlling the aircraft, and get a more situational awarness outside.

When flying online with ATC and traffic around, it helps a lot.

Furthermore, I don't have to map a lot of functions like external lights, transponder... to be able to control them when entering or leaving a runway without getting the risk of rolling out of taxiways!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I like SOP 2, because i have no choice.  :lol:

Ian R Tyldesley

SOP3 for me!

Just like the departure from the 'usual way' of doing things. Having 3 SOPs is brilliant though. Adds a bit of variety.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Just bought Reboot, will test it this night, reading the manuals, I see Sop3 is more like the rw airline in South America I used to fly with where the PF was touching knobs and moving more than the PNF who just handled radios and reviewed the checklists.

This was done in order to prepare the F/o's to a more hands on the aircraft, criteria, and situational awareness development.

Am I right thinking SOP3 is meant this way? or is the Captain the only one "touching the airplane"?

I have not had a chance to fly any of them yet but I have been working diligently on updating my Excel Captains flows.  Having now gone through them all in detail, I think SOP1 is the one I will like the best.  SOP3 is interesting but wow, so much work for the Captain.  One thing I hate about Flight Sim (and love about FS2Crew) is that the FO handles things on the ground that take your eyes off the taxi (lights, ignition switches, etc).  Every time I have to take my eyes away, by the time I get back I am taxiing on the grass.  When the FO does it, it just makes the experience so smooth.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Only using SOP3 ATM until I have it nailed. 

Its imposable to get my PC to now the word "arm" or "armed" (thinks I am saying ON or pumps ON)and there are some little things needing adding into the flows. I wont let it go till its 100% nailed.

I lost my rag with it today and told it a sting of bad words, it thought i said "you have control" made me LMAO as I had lost control. 

Doing another flight tonight.....

But all said and done love SOP3.

Enjoy having Neil as my FO, that's fun :) 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

hi Its imposable to get my PC to now the word "arm" or "armed" (thinks I am saying ON or pumps ON)

Hi David,

If you start the Windows speech recognition, say "open speech dictionary". You can add a word and record your pronunciation. Try and say it the way you would in the checklist and it might help.

Nick 

SOP 1 for me for reason others have stated well.

David...liked your story about the interaction with voice recognition! :lol:

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I lost my rag with it today and told it a sting of bad words, it thought i said "you have control" made me LMAO as I had lost control. 

Haha! I have to admit I laughed there too. I can just imagine you letting loose a string of obscenities only for me to reply 'You have control, Dave...You have control.' :D

A tip for you that's worked for me in the past. open up 'Windows Speech Recognition' in windows and turn it on. Then fire up good old Notepad.

say 'checked' when it types it out and gets it wrong say 'correct that' a little box will pop up with a list of words that you meant. say the number (e.g. '1') and it'll correct the word. Repeat a few times until it gets it right.

FS2Crew uses the same API, so if Windows picks it up correctly, FS2Crew will as well.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

If you start the Windows speech recognition, say "open speech dictionary". You can add a word and record your pronunciation. Try and say it the way you would in the checklist and it might help.

We often find that British users have problem with 'arm'.

Use the method above to resolve it.

You can also say "SET AND CHECKED" if you get stuck.

I had that issue earlier with "armed" (I don't have it anymore) and I found a workaround when struggling... I whistled a two tone short blast! :P

With a little practice, I could whistle "armed" and "landing" inverting the two tones!  :lol:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.