Sign in to follow this  
byork

Question: Which SOP do you prefer and why?

I have tried all 3 and i would say SOP 1 with SOP 2 as a backup. SOP 1 gives you more focus on flying especially when on VATSIM. SOP 3 definitely keeps you busy and think you might miss a step if not paying attention. Either way, it's night an day compared to the Legacy NGX.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Sop 1 is not identical to legacy.  There are many differences.  Compare the checklists B)

I know, but it is the closest. I still find myself responding to certain checklist items that the FO says now..  :Whistle:

• Upvote 1

Steve Caffey

SOP1 since as best I can figure/guess it's likely what WestJet uses and that's the airline I spend most of my virtual NGX time in.

Tried SOP3 last night, wow, that will take some getting used to!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have only tried SOP1 and 2, and so far I prefer SOP1. It's the most similar to what the airlines I usually fly. I will have to give SOP3 a go, just for fun.

The new checklists are throwing me off, it's going to take a while to get used to them.  :lol:

I still didn't bought Reboot, waiting for some money. Beside that, I'm pretty dissapointed about limiting to SOP2 only in button control mode. So practically button control users don't get the same number of features for the same price?! Why are we limited to only one SOP and why it isn't SOP1?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

SOP 2 is a bit more interesting than SOP 1 (in my view).  

I know everyone has their own opinions.

SOP 3 doesn't lend itself well to Button control because of the way the procedures structured.

Voice offers much more 'flexibility' than Button, and SOP 3 requires flexibility (the same way Emergency NGX did).

SOP 2 is a bit more interesting than SOP 1 (in my view).  

I know everyone has their own opinions.

SOP 3 doesn't lend itself well to Button control because of the way the procedures structured.

Voice offers much more 'flexibility' than Button, and SOP 3 requires flexibility (the same way Emergency NGX did).

Ok, I honestly respect your view that SOP 2 is more interesting than SOP 1, mostly because you know much more than me, BUT I'm quite surprised that you didn't included the option for button control users to choose between SOP 1 and SOP 2. If they are similiar, it's quite easy I guess? For flexibility I understand, voice is the only way to go.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Ok, I honestly respect your view that SOP 2 is more interesting than SOP 1, mostly because you know much more than me, BUT I'm quite surprised that you didn't included the option for button control users to choose between SOP 1 and SOP 2. If they are similiar, it's quite easy I guess? For flexibility I understand, voice is the only way to go.

We'll see what we can do in an update.

We'd actually be taking away features, such as the Altimeter check  (ie., passing 4000... "now!")