Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Rex Weather Architect

BTW This architect isn't an alternative for ASN: it's something else and some people will find use for both. It's not a weather engine like ASN is. So you can't simply say ASN does all this because, in fact, it does nothing the architect does.

Both programs create or inject weather and send it to the sim because they are weather programs just with different names. ASN can create weather also in manual mode. Look at it how you want but they both do the same thing. I think one just does it better.

Both programs create or inject weather and send it to the sim because they are weather programs just with different names

Err   your  wrong  on this, weather architect isn't  a weather  engine at all  where as  asn is. The only  thing  that   Wa  enjects into to sim is  the  qnh details   and  that's all. Maybe  your thinking of  the new  addon  that rex is  going  to release  soon which is  a weather  engine. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete 

Weather Architect is a weather engine, just not a `live` feed weather engine taking real world weather, now or historic. Injecting into the sim is what Architect does, after the weather components are assembled via the GUI. 

Dont confuse `weather engine` with a `live weather engine` !

Dont confuse `weather engine` with a `live weather engine` !

Thx  for  that :mellow:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No probs - Weather DIRECT will be REX's next live weather engine with downloadable real-time updates per ASN. 

`Coming soon`, as they say  B)

@Everyone -

I wanted to make everyone aware that we have opened up a suggestion box on our forum specifically for those of you who would like to post your ideas on new features or improvements for Weather Architect.

You do not have to be a verified member to post your thoughts:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/149-suggestion-box/

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

An absolute total waste of time as far as I am concerned .. there is no way I would purchase this

I would rather Rex had concentrated on getting their weather engine out to us which is well overdue!!

It might be a waste of time to you..but here are my two cents.first it helped me create all the IFF weather i can near the third party airports which i own then having to find out where the IFR weather is.second it creates the weather once and hence the fps was maintained jnspite of pmdg 777 .i was able to see quite dense clouds with the fps at 30.I never saw this with other product.third it helps to build your scenarios if you are into practising scenarios for flying. These are the things that it helped me with.Hope this helps the op.

An absolute total waste of time as far as I am concerned .. there is no way I would purchase this

I would rather Rex had concentrated on getting their weather engine out to us which is well overdue!!

Paul I am sorry you see it as a waste of time.  We are a full service company and we felt this was one area that has been missing for a long time.   Thus, we felt it important to bridge this gap.  Many who have purchased Weather Architect are very satisfied.  Of course we will always be expanding it.   

We are working feverishly on our new Real Time Weather Engine.  The new API that is going into the Real Time weather engine will eventually get integrated into Weather Architect as a major update.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

That's exciting news Tim...keep us posted!

Well, as you aren't a target customer anyway, that's fine. You wait for Weather Direct and its new API.

P3D is targetted at commercial users who use repeatable scenarios in real world training to practice learning to fly properly, not some game environment. REX clearly saw the project for P3D as serving the professional user with an external tool to deliver that fidelity with consistency and veracity.

So it's only your time wasted, posting such a creditless view. 

If you enter the ICAO code in REX4 it generates the clouds best suited for the weather you can then load the cloud set, everything else is random but clouds are not and i think sky colour is also matched to report.

I use ASN this is for making your own weather.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

How  this  is this making  your own weather since your not  actually making  it  yourself, you letting  asn  do it, where as Wa  you actually  decide  on  what type of weather  you want.

Peter kelberg

David, almost nothing of what you said is true.

• METAR cannot provide sky colour as it's not part of the report.
  • REX4 generates a cloud set as a function of the METAR, not as a direct representation.
  • Everything else is not random, but read directly from the report - visibility layers, precipitation, wind speed and direction, QNH etc.

As an example, here's the latest metar for Shoreham, can you show us where the sky colour is represented ? And the cloud type ?

EGKA 311520Z 20008KT 9999 FEW020 18/13 Q1017

How  this  is this making  your own weather since your not  actually making  it  yourself, you letting  asn  do it, where as Wa  you actually  decide  on  what type of weather  you want.

Thats a good definition of it, Pete. Although I'm pretty sure ASN also allows you to `build` your own weather as well - as does Rex Essentials. WA is really a clever GUI to provide a pictorial reference of the who, what, what and when of the weather. And share it with others. It's doing for the METAR what REX4 does for texture combinations.

David, almost nothing of what you said is true.

METAR cannot provide sky colour as it's not part of the report.
REX4 generates a cloud set as a function of the METAR, not as a direct representation.
Everything else is not random, but read directly from the report - visibility layers, precipitation, wind speed and direction, QNH etc.

If David is referring to Rex 4 Texture Direct (which I think he is), then my understanding is that it makes some sort of sky texture selection based on the METAR - obviously not an exact match since, as you say, the METAR doesn't include that information, but I don't believe it's totally random either.  What's randomized are non-sky textures - runways, taxiways, aprons, water - assuming you've selected those as part of your texture load setup.  So what you're getting are sky and cloud textures that are an attempt to interpret the METAR, and other textures that are a pure roll of the dice.  For me, paired with ASN, the results are pretty decent - not exact, but good enough.  

And yes, WA has a totally different purpose, and would probably be much more useful in many training scenarios than real-world weather.