Sign in to follow this  
andresico

MU-2 ILS problems

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me with this.

I basically cant make a decent ILS approach using the autopilot APR button.  Its very confusing because its the first time I´ve had this problem with an AC and I´ve made hundreds of ILS approaches over the years with all kinds of AC from GA, over turboprops to tubes. The Duke, the PMDG JS41, the Ifly 737 just to name a few. 

Untill this AC addon, ILS approach has been something completely standard and easy.

I´m so confused with this one that I hardly know where to begin and what to ask. 

So what can the MU-2 do and what cant it do. The manual doesnt help much. It only says NAV mode only. Could someone from flysimware or someone else who has made a lot of ILS approaches in this specific plane explain to me exactly what it means and how to do it?   

Thanks in advance

Andrés

Ok, I´ll give an example.

My last try to make a ILS approach was:

following the gps flightplan to EKCH. Autopilot on NAV and ALT, radios set to the ILS, course set on the HSI. Altitude 2000ft AGL (which is well below the glideslope. Speed 130, flaps 1.

The localizer was captured, but the glideslope no! 

This approach I´ve done many times in other AC without any problems.

I have also tried the MU, same approach, but approaching the ILS with VORLOC and altitude set. Same result.

I´ve tried different speeds etc. Same result.

I would really appreciate some help.

Just done a test approach for you, at KCLM using P3D, went ok, I intersected the ILs on HGD hold, monitored speed and adjusted on descent. 

bob

ps was the glide slope active or did it still have the red flag.

Are you using the GTN?

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Carried out a test flight out of EKCH, came back on a direct-to landed 4L, intersected both ils and glide slope ok, used the gns530 version.

bob