Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Taking to long to secure cabin

How do you know what's too long?  Off the top of my heads it's 2 or 3 minutes or so.  If it's not coming at all, you're not hitting the trigger point.

Remember you have options... when the FA asks you if she is cleared to close up, you can tell her that it will be a short or a long taxi.

If 'short taxi', the cabin secure message will come sooner.

Cheers,

i dont use the PF procedure unless itsthe first flight of the day, and ive read the manuals for shut down too and i cant seem to do the checklist after shutdown all the PM does is say stand by

if you have a skype and could help me out it would be awesome

i cant run the shutdown checklist unless i press the down arrow. I have 2 problems i was hoping that i didnt need to run the PF procedure every flight, but i think i have to. and the shutdown checklist i use Gate and gpu and AC cart 

i cant run the shutdown checklist unless i press the down arrow. I have 2 problems i was hoping that i didnt need to run the PF procedure every flight, but i think i have to. and the shutdown checklist i use Gate and gpu and AC cart 

You don't need to run the PF procedure every flight.

For the shutdown checklist:

After you've pressed the main button for "lights and doors", set the parking brake.  Make sure the taxi light is off first.

Then shutdown the engines (assuming you've passed the 3 minute cool down time).

That should trigger the FO to perform his shutdown flow, and you should see "Shutdown" in the Main Panel.

ok thats my problem, with the shutdown, now when i dont do the PF procedure it never secures the cabin. so my question is how can it say the cabin is secure then?

i press that and it takes me atleast 3 mins to taxi and i waited for 5 mins before and its still never said cabin is secure

i have one more flight after im done with this one and i will see if it does it 

i got done with my flight and did exactly what you said 

"For the shutdown checklist:

After you've pressed the main button for "lights and doors", set the parking brake.  Make sure the taxi light is off first.

Then shutdown the engines (assuming you've passed the 3 minute cool down time)."

it was cooled down 3 miutes before turning i clicked lights and doors and i turned off the taxi light, then the FM said that to the cabin crew cross check, i shut down engine 2 and 1 but he did not do the shut down procedure. and plus he did not connect the GPU and AC cart and i had to do that through the NGX FMC. 

Do you have any hardware assigned to the FS "Mixture" Control event?

Check that, because if FS2Crew thinks the start levers are still in idle detent, and not cutoff, (we read the position via the FS mixture control event), then the FO's shutdown flow will not trigger.

And confirm you set the parking brake; that's a necessary condition, too.