Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Colour profile for new monitor

Hi is anyone using a samsung monitor? I'm using this s34e790c! But its all washed out and hoping if someone can point me in the right direction or can help to restore a good colour profile?

I've read through a review on some basic settings. but my problem is when using samsungs colour profile and adding it to colour profile it hs no effect? Either does nvidia control panel. Only way i can change its colour is through the monitor itself on the back?

Vernon Howells

I was just reading about this when I was looking for a monitor. That model needs calibration and if you google you can see many have the same issue as yourself. Apparently windows has a calibration tool to help with this   http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/calibrate-your-display

edit

turns out I was able to use that calibrator myself to give me access to controls not available on my 55" LED. Much better pic now

ZORAN

Hi. So will i use that link to calibrate my monitor? Also is it worth buying calibration software?

Do you use Nvidia control panel colour settings? Because i try to use that but it has no effect on my monitor?

Vernon Howells

Yes use that link OR Just click on control panel in windows and type color calibration and click on the link. It will guide you through step by step.

'Do you use Nvidia control panel colour settings? Because i try to use that but it has no effect on my monitor?"

Remember to click on "use nvidea settings" ITS easy to over look and without it nothing will happen

ZORAN

Dont bother with calibration software unless you are seriously into photography. The point of calibration software is so that when you print (on a calibrated and profiled printer), it will look the same as what you see on your (calibrated and profiled)computer screen.

Peter Schluter

Hi. So will i use that link to calibrate my monitor? Also is it worth buying calibration software?

Do you use Nvidia control panel colour settings? Because i try to use that but it has no effect on my monitor?

Veron, see my post in your thread in the hardware forum at SimForums.

Remember to click on "use nvidea settings" ITS easy to over look and without it nothing will happen

Thanks alot :) em, i've already tried that and nothing happens?

Vernon Howells

Ignore nvidea for now. Just calibrate your display first

ZORAN

Dont bother with calibration software unless you are seriously into photography. The point of calibration software is so that when you print (on a calibrated and profiled printer), it will look the same as what you see on your (calibrated and profiled)computer screen.

Ok i'll keep away

Veron, see my post in your thread in the hardware forum at SimForums

Yep just read it thanks :) so your advising to get 1 then?

Ignore nvidea for now. Just calibrate your display first

I will try to calibarte it tonight.

Vernon Howells