Sign in to follow this  
ALBERT CARNÉ

FSX Add-ons do not work onPREPAR3D

Hi! 

I do not usually post here, but today I need some help... I've tried it all but anything works... 

Lets see if anyone here can help me... 

Recently my FSX was crashing out too much, so I've decided to buy prepar3d, and some add-ons, 

till I saw that there were some possibilities to install FSX (Aerosoft/PMDG) add-ons...

Right now any copy of FSX is installed on my pc. I've tried a migration tool, but it works with a code, 

I try to buy that code, but it crashes. So I've tried a registry repair tool... but anything happens...

I follow all tutorial steps but anything works...

All I get is the same message....

YOUR REGISTRY DOES NOT SHOW A VALID FSX INSTALLATION LOCATION.

Anyone knows whats going on with all this stuff??

Anyone know the good way to install my add-ons??

Thanks in advance guys! 

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

You have to buy the PMDG aircraft again for P3D. 

The aerosoft airbus should be compatible. Just log into your account and download the latest version of the Airbus. 

What airports / sceneries do you use? Most of them already have a P3D installer. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Aerosoft Barcelona Mega Airport, Mallorca X are the sceneries i'm trying to install... 

And the 747-4/8 for FSX is not available for prepar3d that's why Im trying other ways to install my FSX addons. 

I've also spent 70€ on my PMDG 737NGX one month ago... For now I would like to use the 88€ of the prepar3d PMDG 737

buying new add-ons... not the same ones...

Aerosoft Barcelona should have an P3D Installer ready. Log into your account and check this. 

Mallorca X Evolution is working with P3D. 

The PMDG aircraft (747) is not working in P3D, you have to wait for the 747 v2 and the P3D version. 

Most FSX addons (sceneries) already work with Prepar3D. You just have to check your accounts (simmarket, aerosoft... ) and download the new installer. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

PMDG 737 NGX for FSX does not work in P3D, even with the migration tool it won't. You have to buy that one again for P3D.

As for the migration tool, which one are you referring to? You need to run the migtool to switch P3D into 'FSX mode', then you should be able to run FSX-based installers.

LORBY-SI

You must be very careful with registry repair tools, did the program make a backup of the registry before you went ahead and "fixed" it?  If it did you can reverse the fix.  

Many people have switched to FSX DX10 using Steve's DX10 Fixer, I have found personally that FSX is more stable and looks better running in DX10 mode with the fixer and some adjustments using nVidia Inspector.

The first thing you could try is to reinstall FSX, PMDG has a great uninstall/reinstall guide that would be of help:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

If FSX/P3D remains unstable I would recommend a complete reinstall of the OS and start fresh from there.  AVSIM has a set of guides that would be of use once you are back up and running:

Configuration guide:  http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/41-basic-fsx-p3d-configuration-guide/

Crash to desktop guide:  http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide-for-fsx-p3d-fs9/

As for P3D... I have not used the migration tool since P3D v2.3, like Philipp said you should download the latest installers for your addons.  IMO P3D is the best way to go, the program has so much to offer and will only get better as time passes.

I've checked my Aerosoft account and there are no P3D installers for airports I bought...

Aerosoft have updated all relevant installers to be compatible with FSX Steam and P3D, not sure why you can't find the appropriate download.  Here is BarcelonaX from my Aerosoft account.... look for the P3D download:

Screenshot%202015-07-25%2005.28.41_zpsdz

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks HUSSAR! I've found the installer for Barcelona Mega Airport, but all the other issues are still failing. 

I've restored my pc two months ago... I'm tired of doing that but i'll have to do it... 

I'm interested on using Prepar3d, it seems stable... more than FSX. 

Which do you tink is better, FSX or Prepar3d?

Finally I've bought PMDG 737 for Prepar3d and is not working well T.T

You have to find the correct installers if you are going to use P3D.

P3D is much more stable in my opinion but it is not free of CTD's and still has VAS issues, I still encounter the VAS alarm when flying in heavy scenery areas with some aircraft addons.  There is the promise of a 64 bit P3D being offered that some are saying will fix VAS and OOM crashes users are experiencing.  I say that my favorite at the moment is P3D hands down.

\Robert Hamlich/

Runway lights for Barcelona Mega Airport are not working...  Many hours and money spent... And I can't make work anything....

Try OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1 under SIM section of the Prepar3d.cfg file. This should help with your pmdg airplane performance.

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

prepar3d.cfg location in Prepar3D V2: %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

It is not in the root folder. It is on the same partition where windows is installed.

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Thanks HUSSAR! I've found the installer for Barcelona Mega Airport, but all the other issues are still failing. 

I've restored my pc two months ago... I'm tired of doing that but i'll have to do it... 

I'm interested on using Prepar3d, it seems stable... more than FSX. 

Which do you tink is better, FSX or Prepar3d?

Finally I've bought PMDG 737 for Prepar3d and is not working well T.T

Sounds like you have a few different problems rolled into one post.

1. Which one is better, FSX or P3D? The simulation part is identical, it is mostly the graphics "module" that has changed. So that you can enjoy DX11 visuals and have more options to slow down your computer...

2. PMDG 737 NGX: So you bought the P3D version. What is it that is "not working well" with that plane?

3. Migration Tool: there is not only one Migration Tool, there are several. Some work well, some don't. With version 2.5 of P3D things got complicated, because the config files of the sim have been moved - so MigTools can't really work anymore like they used to (=pointing the installers at a new folder is not enough)

4. Lights: This probably is a graphics driver issue. Happens every other release of the NVIDIA drivers, check this forum for comments.

5. FSX crashing: what exactly happened there? There is a small chance that the same will happen with P3D too - if the problem is related to your PC, not the sim.

Generally speaking, although P3D and FSX are so much alike, as P3D has been recompiled and uses a newer graphics code, it breaks compatibility with some addons. So addon developers have to stay on ther toes to keep up with the P3D versions, that does not always happen fast (or not at all, if for example the dev does not exist anymore - see AES). With P3D you now can have all the joys a current development of a complex software working with 3rd party addons brings: new bugs in every new release, things no longer working, driver updates breaking stuff (like the lights), the tension before a new version release if it will again be a full installer and you have to rebuild your whole sim from scratch (like the last three times with P3D). The list goes on. Most people don't appreciate that FSX remaining unchanged for so long was actually a good thing.

LORBY-SI

The very best way to ensure that P3D crashes is to load it down with badly-ported or incompatible FSX addons.

Your best solution is to find the cause of your FSX crashes and fix that. P3D will expose ANY weakness in the software or hardware.