Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

WX Architect, really?

I bought REX's Wx Architect a couple of days ago and I can't believe it's not possible to set different/opposite wind directions at Departure and Destination. Like for example: 270/5knots in EGLL and 060/10knots in EHAM.

Unless I haven't learnt some trick in the program, "WX ARCHITECT" is a serious stretch of its real limited functionality.

I'm sorry.

Dirk.

I don't have the program, but I doubt this is impossible. Have you even asked at their forums before starting to complain here?  :rolleyes:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Guest Mik75

You have to set at least one weather cell at your destination, right over the airfield, like light storm or light rain, click on cell setting and define a wind direction and speed in there. If you haven't defined any weather cells at your destination, the global wind in WA will apply.

I just tried  it  and  got the same results as per  the op  and I set  as  what you have described

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guest Mik75

I haven't been too precise in my last post.

So, here is how it works for me.

Let's say I want westerly winds with 20 knots at my arrival airport.

I click on "light storm", followed by a click on "cell settings". Then I adjust the wind direction to something westerly and the wind speed to 20 knots. Now, the parameters are set for the cells I am about to draw on the map. At least one cell should be drawn, directly over the airfield. I also draw some cells in the vicinity of the field. Now you should be good to go. You can add other cells, just as you like. But with the this method, you'll have the desired wind at your destination.

I haven't been too precise in my last post.

C'mon Mik75, this is not what I asked for. Everybody knows how to set cells and wx conditons in general. The problem you can't really 'architect' wx conditions in both departure and destination, you'll end up with the same wind direction. You can easily do it for example with ASN. So ASN turns out is the only real 'wx architect' for me so far. I wish they at REX could add this important feature with one of their updates. Then I would like and use this easy working wx designer.

Dirk.

I don't have the program, but I doubt this is impossible. Have you even asked at their forums before starting to complain here?  :rolleyes:

have a finger in every pie?  :rolleyes:

Guest Mik75

Sorry, I don't get your last post, Dirk98. I just wanted to help and so I described how to set a specific wind situation at your arrival airport. And that wind situation can be totally different to what you set at the departure airfield...

Hello Dirk,

I think what Bert was saying is that it's usually best to go directly to the source when you have a question about how someone's software functions. The REX Developers can provide the best support for questions/problems, but I don't believe they monitor this forum (at least not very closely). They do however closely monitor their own forum and support system.  I think the same thing is true of most developers.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello Dirk,

I think what Bert was saying is that it's usually best to go directly to the source when you have a question about how someone's software functions. The REX Developers can provide the best support for questions/problems, but I don't believe they monitor this forum (at least not very closely). They do however closely monitor their own forum and support system.  I think the same thing is true of most developers.

Best wishes.

Hello Dave,

AVSIM has been my preferred MSFS boards for the last 11 years as shown in my profile (I wouldn't remember myself). And in this case I'm not asking for technical support of WX ARCHITECT, I'm just saying/warning you that WX ARCHITECT can't set different surface winds at departure and destionation within one flight. So if you'd like to buy it thinking it can like I did then don't buy it. As simple as that.

Dirk.

PS: and there's an iceberg below the surface of the feature that I mentioned.

Sorry, I don't get your last post, Dirk98. I just wanted to help and so I described how to set a specific wind situation at your arrival airport. And that wind situation can be totally different to what you set at the departure airfield...

Mik75, thanks for your trying to help me, I appreciate it, no worries. 

Just create a flight plan EGLL to EHAM and try to make surface wind WNW @ 10 knots in EGLL and E @ 15 knots in EHAM. Click on the BRIEFING and see the METARS. I played with the different 'colours' at departure and destination as a workaround but it just doesn't work and nor it is intended to work this way I understand. I hope this important feature can be added though. 

Dirk.

PS: perhaps the best and only 'WX PAINTER' so far, and I like it in this sense. Way to go for a 'WX ARCHITECT' though.

To the OP. Well, if you don't post your findings on their forum, how are they supposed check it out and then add it to the fix list for the next update. I have never installed a brand new application without having at least one update added because people had contacted the developers and let them know of their find.

Seems like the correct way to sort out your find.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

To the OP. Well, if you don't post your findings on their forum, how are they supposed check it out and then add it to the fix list for the next update. 

Can you imagine a FSX developer not visiting this forum several times a day after the release? 

I can't.

Besides, I wouldn't risk getting banned there with my pesky 'opinions', lol.

AVSIM is where I really feel comfortable.

Cheers,

Dirk.

I bought REX's Wx Architect a couple of days ago and I can't believe it's not possible to set different/opposite wind directions at Departure and Destination. Like for example: 270/5knots in EGLL and 060/10knots in EHAM.

Unless I haven't learnt some trick in the program, "WX ARCHITECT" is a serious stretch of its real limited functionality.

I'm sorry.

Dirk.

Dirk -

This is something we can look into for an update.  Weather Architect's original specs were to be more broad brush in the since of creating weather systems all over the world.  Not create specific's on departure and arrival's.  However, you can affect those areas by painting specific weather cells over those areas.

Remember, we did release videos and the user manual several weeks in advance.  We did this because we had a feeling there would be some confusion over the program.  I would really strongly suggest you review the Learning Center sections of the user manual.

In the meantime, I will let the development team know about the what is being addressed here in this post.  Again if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to go to the forum or to contact me directly at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Dirk -

This is something we can look into for an update.  Weather Architect's original specs were to be more broad brush in the since of creating weather systems all over the world.  Not create specific's on departure and arrival's.  However, you can affect those areas by painting specific weather cells over those areas.

Remember, we did release videos and the user manual several weeks in advance.  We did this because we had a feeling there would be some confusion over the program.  I would really strongly suggest you review the Learning Center sections of the user manual.

In the meantime, I will let the development team know about the what is being addressed here in this post.  Again if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to go to the forum or to contact me directly at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

I personally buy all your releases. But lack of some obvious funcionality in some of your add-ons is  baffling. Like, for example, you can't load fuel in liters in your REX LATITUDE (unless it has been changed recently). However REX is one of the best FSX addon studios that I always follow.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I have posted this issue  in the rex forum   with a screen  shot  of  the issue,   its under  review   at the moment

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg