Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

WX Architect, really?

PS: perhaps the best and only 'WX PAINTER' so far, and I like it in this sense. Way to go for a 'WX ARCHITECT' though.

My sentiments about this too Dirk. 'Rain' or 'Storm Painter' yes, but Architect? no.

There seems to be three threads on this, with another in Hanger Chat all bringing up various issues, or shortcomings. Perhaps they should be merged?

Has anyone managed to get Global Cumumlus or Cirrus to work? I get no infill cumulus and very little cirrus even using 8/8. So apart from the weather areas I paint, the rest of the space is blue sky.

Strange I was the other  way I was trying  to fly  in blue  sky with some clouds with no rain clouds but  always found myself   with overcast rain clouds,  when I made  my own theme. When I used other communities themes had no issues there blue  sky  with few clouds etc  so the issue  was me  on how  I made  the theme.  Now  i get   flying  on the conditions  i expect  to be flying  in.   If  anyone thinks  that   any addon that comes out  to be bug free than do tell us  what that addon  is.

If users don't post their issue  in the rex forum  how  do you expect  them to fix  it  for  the next update 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Strange I was the other way I was trying to fly in blue sky with some clouds with no rain clouds but always found myself with overcast rain clouds, when I made my own theme.

That is because you can only makes clouds that rain, and it not possible to define 'dry' clouds. There seems to be some overlap between where you paint, and the egde of the cloud once in the sim, so sometimes areas where you did not place cloud does seem to get some. I seem to lack any local cumulus when ticking the Global box, but it does appear when flying beyond the area you paint, so maybe there is a bug to be reported here.

Dirk -

This is something we can look into for an update.  Weather Architect's original specs were to be more broad brush in the since of creating weather systems all over the world.  Not create specific's on departure and arrival's.  However, you can affect those areas by painting specific weather cells over those areas.

Remember, we did release videos and the user manual several weeks in advance.  We did this because we had a feeling there would be some confusion over the program.  I would really strongly suggest you review the Learning Center sections of the user manual.

In the meantime, I will let the development team know about the what is being addressed here in this post.  Again if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to go to the forum or to contact me directly at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com

Are you mad? Didn't you read his posts? Watching your videos? That would mean he would have had to visit ANOTHER site!!! He hasn't done so in 11 YEARS!! Oh no...!!  :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes:

Are you mad?

That is because you can only makes clouds that rain, and it not possible to define 'dry' clouds. There seems to be some overlap between where you paint, and the egde of the cloud once in the sim, so sometimes areas where you did not place cloud does seem to get some. I seem to lack any local cumulus when ticking the Global box, but it does appear when flying beyond the area you paint, so maybe there is a bug to be reported here.

True, and you can still play with the cloud coverage in the weather cell. 

Actually in my first post, pete_auau, I was rather pointing out to the lack of functionality than asking for a technical support. I find avsim boards very appropriate and effective for this kind of discussions. 

Dirk.

Actually in my first post, pete_auau, I was rather pointing out to the lack of functionality than asking for a technical support. I find avsim boards very appropriate and effective for this kind of discussions.

No worries  but unless  the rex devs  know  about  these  issues,  how  do they fix  them  for  the next update if  they don't  know  about  them, that's why I keep saying  post  in the rex  forum  so they can compile a  list of  fixes   for  the next update.

That is because you can only makes clouds that rain, and it not possible to define 'dry' clouds. There seems to be some overlap between where you paint, and the egde of the cloud once in the sim, so sometimes areas where you did not place cloud does seem to get some

I  worked  it  out  on how  to get  rain clouds  and  no  rain clouds    if  you want  rain clouds  just need   to paint  on where  you want  them  and  in the other  areas  not  painted  just use  the global weather   to set  your non rain clouds  works  for  me  found  this  solution on the rex  forum  where  you probably  find  more useful info  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I worked it out on how to get rain clouds and no rain clouds

Yes I've been doing just this, but even at 8/8 global I get no cumulus in the area I've painted. Fly further afield and they start popping up. I do get cirrus, but not cumulus.

I still want to define my own areas on dry clouds.

We actually prefer users to send suggestions to us at our support forum.  You do not have to be verified to do that.  Only if you need support do you need to be verified.  We force the verification because we WILL NOT support those who pirate our software or support those that do others.

Yes I've been doing just this, but even at 8/8 global I get no cumulus in the area I've painted. Fly further afield and they start popping up. I do get cirrus, but not cumulus.

I still want to define my own areas on dry clouds.

You will not get the global weather where you painted, because it only shows globally and not locally (where you painted the cells). We have several requests for non-precipitating clouds and will consider this for the update.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

bought REX's Wx Architect a couple of days ago and I can't believe it's not possible to set different/opposite wind directions at Departure and Destination. Like for example: 270/5knots in EGLL and 060/10knots in EHAM.

Issue  will be  fixed in the next update hopefully  since I  posted this issue.

Peter kelberg

Issue  will be  fixed in the next update hopefully  since I  posted this issue.

Good news, it will be very nice if they add this possibility (it was not an issue per se, just lack of a feature). This will have a huge impact on the AI, ATC you're using and will enable you to easily create different traffic scenarious around your departure and destination airports. I'm glad that I started this discussion here.   :smile:

Cheers,

Dirk.

PS: And btw while we are at it, imagine if they could also add a surface wind randomizer to the arrival area? This would create even more possibilities to play with your approaches and adjacent AI traffic. I'm thinking of different scenarios with WXArch+AIContr+PATCX.

PS: And btw while we are at it, imagine if they could also add a surface wind randomizer to the arrival area? This would create even more possibilities to play with your approaches and adjacent AI traffic. I'm thinking of different scenarios with WXArch+AIContr+PATCX.

Why don't  you post your request in the rex  forum   if  they can  do it  iam sure  they look at  it  anyway

Peter kelberg

Why don't  you post your request in the rex  forum   if  they can  do it  iam sure  they look at  it  anyway

Again, why should I? I know all worthy developers visit this forum and I don't care about those who don't. In my opinion It's better to nudge them from multiple directions, and you can see it has worked. If it were not for you it would be somebody else who would post on their boards about the same. I just don't get your persistent fixation on my posting here and not there. I post wherever I deem appropriate and let you make your choice. Please.   :smile:

Dirk.

PS: it's a wider scope, participation and coverage on avsim. For example, I'm not sure if they know whatever PATCX or AI Controller are, but here they can look up and read about them if they get interested unlike on their specialized boards. Besides even this discussion, bouncing WXA mentioning to the top of the main FSX forum with every new post also help positive popularization of their product. 

@Everyone - I wanted to make everyone aware that we have opened up a suggestion box on our forum specifically for those of you who would like to post your ideas on new features or improvements for Weather Architect.

You do not have to be a verified member to post your thoughts:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/forum/149-suggestion-box/

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Hi Folks;

Is there any benefit using WX Architect with Rex4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds over ASN? They are both from the same company so is it same to assume that Texture Direct will render the weather (clouds, rain, thunder storm) from WX Arch better than ANS?

I currently have REX4 Texture Direct with Soft Clouds married with ASN which works great. But williing to try WX Arch if it does make a big difference in that area.

Any comments, suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Kindest Regards.

Anthony Forshaw. 

Texture Direct will not supply you with any weather. It is a texture program.

WX A. you would need to create your own weather to use.

It is ASN that is providing your weather right now.