Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Aerosoft Airbus, not happy....

Anyone else get the Aerosoft A320 that didn't care for it. I have flown the PMDG 737 and the Level D 767 in the past, and this aircraft is rather disappointing. I have run into one problem after another , and after spending almost a whole day today trying to set it up with various glitches that I corrected along the way, now in trying to program the FMC or whatever they call it, it doesn't even recognize the airports in the tutorial.  Looks like it is going to wind up in the digital trash can.   Should have got the PMDG 737, but my VA uses the Airbus. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Have you tried outlining your concerns on their forum?
Were there other people on their forum complaining about similar issues and did they receive support?
Did the developers respond with a 'Sorry, we can't/won't help you' post?
Do you have the latest version of the Airbus along with the latest hotfix?
Did you read the manual on how to set up the aircraft and what it does/doesn't feature?
Did you check if your AIRAC files are placed in the correct folder and are of the latest revision?

Just some questions I'd ask myself before giving up on an add-on. Not going to say that the Aerosoft Airbus is very complex or even matches up to other known developers but it certainly is the best Airbus in the market, for now.

Perhaps you'd want to gain a little more patience with it and ask the developers for support before throwing it in the 'digital trash can'.

Go to the Aerosoft forums. I have the 321/320/319/318 and absolutely love them.

Richie Walsh

I've got it, I enjoy it.  Its not to the same level as PMDG, but nobody is....

Go to the Aerosoft forums. I have the 321/320/319/318 and absolutely love them.

Ditto....the Airbuses are awesome.  As mentioned above, make sure you have the hotfix installed.  Latest version is 1.30f .

I even like the airbuses better than the 737 NGX. It is easier on system demands, simulates almost everything that you would encounter on a normal flight, and you don't have to but it again when you switch from FSX to P3D. The 320 series seems to work really well for most people.

Peter

I have both sets of aircraft (737-600 thru 900, Airbus 318-321), and enjoy them both - from a software standpoint, the Airbus did require some futzing around to get the throttle controls to work, but other than that it was not a problem. Operationally, I am still a "Boeing" guy, so I love the PMDG stuff, but I do enjoy the differences in "thinking" between the two lines of aircraft - and yeah, the Airbus FMC requires you to think a bit "sideways" as it were - all good fun though...

Note: I should say that this is all on FSX for me - tried P3D, but am not convinced yet...

I've had this airplane for a couple of years now and haven't flown 1 flight in it.

The throttles just won't work no matter what I do.

I have posted on there fourms and the response I get is, it's my hardware, and it's BS, I got the hotas warthog and it works perfect on all the thousands Of dollars worth of airplanes I got.

I've had this airplane for a couple of years now and haven't flown 1 flight in it.

The throttles just won't work no matter what I do.

I have posted on there fourms and the response I get is, it's my hardware, and it's BS, I got the hotas warthog and it works perfect on all the thousands Of dollars worth of airplanes I got.

You have probably seen or heard and been through all this, but have you tried the separate configurator program that is installed with the plane? I had to make sure that under the "FADEC" section I had checked the  "Inverted Axis" check box, and in my case, the 2 throttle option.

Works great for me but getting controls to work proper can be a real pia

Rich Sennett

I installed the hotfix yesterday. I have flown big jets in sims for years, but none has twisted me into a knot like this airbus. I spent hours today trying to figure out what the FMC ( that's what I call it and am sticking with it) wouldn't work. Finally found out that the data base file is in there as a secondary file in the FMC rather than the primary file. I learned the FMC in the Q400 which is supposed to be tricky, in less than an hour.  Still can't get a flight plan to program in properly in this FMC, and this is from the tutorial flight. I also had a problem where the + and - keys would not zoom in the virtual cockpit. Found a solution for that after about 2 hours of checking everything, and it turned out to be a mistake in the Aircraft CFG file where the zoom was shut off.    I see quite a few suggestions for fixes on their forum that go like " Well, just uninstall it, shut your computer off, reboot, and reinstall it and shut your computer off again , restart  and let us know how that works.."...... or " Maybe you should uninstall the patch you just installed",,,,, :(  

I think by early next week, I will be downloading the PMDG737...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I installed the hotfix yesterday. I have flown big jets in sims for years

I put some picture tutorial stuff together so when I forget which I will I have some ref for the basics - fmc - landing and take off if your interested let me know I can send them to you - send pm and I will upload them it will help you - I did a cheat sheet screens that is helpful and simplified - this should get you up and running 3 phases in about an hour

Once you figure this bird out your opinion will change for sure - make sure you dont have any trim (hardware assigned to it) and as flapsdown has stated  I had to make sure that under the "FADEC" section I had checked the  "Inverted Axis" check box

Rich Sennett

Yes I did all that and still didn't work

You have probably seen or heard and been through all this, but have you tried the separate configurator program that is installed with the plane? I had to make sure that under the "FADEC" section I had checked the "Inverted Axis" check box, and in my case, the 2 throttle option.

OP:

Do you use Navigraph? The default nav database is NavDataPro which can be changed in the configurator. 

Follow the Step by step tutorial if you have trouble learning the aircraft. If you don't like to read, it's available im video format in our forums. 

Larry:

If you had the Airbus for a couple of years, you may be on the legacy version. If you remain interested in solving the throttle issues, use the ticket support system for personalised support. 

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

Followed the tutorials step by step, watched tutorial  videos on youtube for hours, and still have problems. Using the default Aerobus database, which should work, shouldn't it?  Never had to do this with any complex aircraft I have purchased. I have pretty much lost any interest spending any more time with  this program.  Too many glitches.