Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Aerosoft Airbus, not happy....

First the ORBX HD Tress and now the Aerosoft Airbus, hopefully you'll have no issues with the NGX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Followed the tutorials step by step, watched tutorial  videos on youtube for hours, and still have problems. Using the default Aerobus database, which should work, shouldn't it?  Never had to do this with any complex aircraft I have purchased. I have pretty much lost any interest spending any more time with  this program.  Too many glitches. 

Using your original post as the base of the info, you have had it a day. You are asking for help in this forum instead of the developers forum. In 1 day you are giving up?

Richie Walsh

Followed the tutorials step by step, watched tutorial  videos on youtube for hours, and still have problems. Using the default Aerobus database, which should work, shouldn't it?  Never had to do this with any complex aircraft I have purchased. I have pretty much lost any interest spending any more time with  this program.  Too many glitches. 

You are set in your ways - missing out

Rich Sennett

It is glitchy but I generally liked it. Hotfix F finally fixed all the issues but felt like lifetime of bad product especially at cruise altitude when engines would spool up/down every 5 seconds. Most annoying thing ever.

Generally not like PMDG (nothing is really) but it's a nicely modelled plane to fly. That was untill I wanted to repaint it for fantasy delta colors.

Since I bought it at PCAviator I have no access to the paintkit and either of them doesn't want to provide me with it for quite some time now (one of my request posts got deleted on aerosoft forum and PCAviator is not replying to emails).

That's why for me only A2A and PMDG are the guys to buy from. I could care less about any others at this point since from my standpoint they do not back what they make/sell.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

First the ORBX HD Tress and now the Aerosoft Airbus, hopefully you'll have no issues with the NGX.

Guess I am not perfect like you must be. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

In order to "bash" Aerosoft "successfully" ( :rolleyes:) you have to be a lot more specific about the issues you are experiencing and about the steps you are taking to operate the aircraft.

Had you set up things first in the Airbus Configurator and exactly what happened when you were trying to conduct the tutorial flight? If you follow the precise sequence of steps that is documented in manual  no. 6, you should get exactly the desired results. If not, the discrepancy should be described in more detail. (Preferably in the Aerosoft forum, though. :P)

In order to "bash" Aerosoft "successfully" ( :rolleyes:) you have to be a lot more specific about the issues you are experiencing and about the steps you are taking to operate the aircraft.

Had you set up things first in the Airbus Configurator and exactly what happened when you were trying to conduct the tutorial flight? If you follow the precise sequence of steps that is documented in manual  no. 6, you should get exactly the desired results. If not, the discrepancy should be described in more detail. (Preferably in the Aerosoft forum, though. :P)

Just found the solution. Somehow when the installer set up the aircraft, it selected the wrong Navdata Base and instead of using the default Navdatapro,in the configurator ( which I didn't even see yesterday)  it selected navigraph. They did help me on the forum this morning figure this out, and we are still working on one other issue with the Hotfix update which doesn't work for the 318/319. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That's what I call making progress!   :lol:

The open hotfix issue shouldn't really affect the tutorial flight, or any familiarization with the aircraft.

EDIT: Just noticed on the AS forum that the hotfix "issue" is just the ole product.cg file that AS got wrong in one of their hotfixes and never bothered to correct ... (See, that's the way "proper bashing" works. :P)

Edited by olli4740

I have to correct my statement about the livery paintkit.

I just got it so all good in that matter :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Aerosofts Airbuses are MEGA, very easy to configure and I have no problems at all, you have to just learn, read, watch the videos, fantastic support and a fantastic product. I can't wait for the A330!

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

Guess I am not perfect like you must be.

All I said was first the ORBX trees and now the Aerosoft Airbus is giving you issues and I hope that you'll have no problems with the NGX. What does your remark about me being perfect have anything to do with your situation. It's like your implying that I was suggesting you didn't know what you're doing. On the contrary, I was just saying that I hope you can use the NGX without any issues. Nothing more and nothing less.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You are set in your ways - missing out

I agree with Rich, your mind is made up. Aerosoft has a great bus here. Its always geting better and I can't wait till winter and the a330 arrives.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I'm a Beta Tester for the Majestic and Aerosoft Airbus, and I have many years experience with PMDG aircraft and the Leonardo Maddog, flying all of them on VATSIM and where the Majestic Dash 8/Q400, Maddog and Aerosoft Airbus is concerned I've flown them all in Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck on VATSIM using real world procedures for the aircraft and navigation. I'll add that most of the members of the group I fly with are Commercial Licensed Pilots.

The reason I mentioned the above is because of a few comments regarding the Aerosoft Airbus, and I'm hoping to shed a little light on one particular area regarding the perception of the Aerosoft Airbus.

I'm a Boeing guy, and I always prefer their aircraft as I'm a hands on, systems interactive type guy. This is more or less the Boeing philosophy for aircraft design, one that I fully subscribe to.

The Airbus design philosophy is just the opposite of Boeing. Again more or less, Airbus design philosophy is based on the majority of aircraft incidents and accidents being caused by human mistakes or that human interaction made matters far worse (they are correct on both accounts), so they design computerized systems to manage the aircraft systems in different modes of operation. The aircraft displays and pilot interaction is very different because of the design philosophy. For me, the flight deck seems pretty empty, and the lights out philosophy (a lit light usually means a system failure) certainly doesn't help my impression.

Listen, it's important not to change this thread to a debate between Boeing and Airbus philosophies (please don't).

Given the design philosophy, flying a Airbus is a lot different than flying a Boeing. I'm still a Boeing guy, but I've learned to appreciate the Aerosoft Airbus as a solid Intermediate level simulator that has earned the respect of this experienced and rather hard core flight sim pilot. 

As an experienced Boeing guy, I really did think that I would be able to jump in and effectively fly the Airbus on VATSIM pretty quickly.  Of course I was very wrong, and I had to relearn how to operate the different systems and procedures before I became the least bit competent in the aircraft.

The Aerosoft team has a record of technical support as good as any advanced Flight Sim Developer, and they are completely committed to maintaining excellent customer service. When problems are noticed it doesn't take very long at all for a Hotfix to be released to correct the issue.

I'm still a Boeing guy at heart and probably always will be, but Aerosoft did a terrific job on the A318/A319/A320/A321 model.

Thanks for your time.  Best to all.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Great post Dave and I concur with everything you verbalized.

For those of you with Throttle issues, the 'bus doesn't like multiple throttle mappings in FSX/P3D and FSUIPC, i had to delete the mapping in FSUIPC in order to get it functioning.  Before one of the hot fixes (i forget which) it had a severe power problem on take off, this appears to have been resolved.

Other than that, it's a super Aircraft and quite the departure from the Boeing jets.  Very worth persisting with OP.

Ian R Tyldesley