Sign in to follow this  
BMagann

Bad stuttering with the RealAir Turbo Duke

I installed the RealAir Turbo Duke, and the stuttering I am getting is the worst I have ever seen. It freezes for a second every five to ten seconds or so. I uninstalled and did a defrag on the drive, but after re-installing I am still having the problem. Has anyone else seen this behavior, and if so is there a solution?

What's worse, it seems to me that I am getting stutters on all my aircraft now, although not as bad as with the Duke. This might just me being extra sensitive to stutters now, but maybe not.

- Bill Magann

I suffered a very similar problem earlier this year with another 3rd party add on aircraft. Gradually the problem seemed to extend to other aircraft and then other add-ons started malfunctioning.

Turned out to be corrupt simconnect files in my case. Try reinstalling the simconnect files first then reinstall the problem aircraft.

If that doesn't work try reinstalling Flightsim itself, not forgetting to make sure you have all the simconnect files installed, especially if using FS-SE edition.

The Duke is a fantastic aircraft so I hope the above helps you to enjoy it to the full.

Steve

I am completely certain that the Duke is not the cause of your stutters. If it was then hundreds of other users would be saying the same thing, but they are not. It might be that other problems could exaggerate the stutters with a range of addons. Best way to investigate is to run FSX with a default cfg and no tweaks and no fancy settings, with standard scenery and default aircraft. If you get stutters here then they will only get worse the more complexity you add. 

Hope you sort it out.

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob,

I have no doubt that hundreds of folks have had great success with the Duke - that is why I bought it! The reviews are uniformly glowing.

But the stuttering did start immediately after installation of the plane, so it tipped over something in there. I am a very experienced FS user, and this problem is much worse than any stutters I have ever seen. No worries, I will figure it out.

- Bill Magann

I removed the GTN 750 from the panel and the stuttering went away. I have that installed in several planes without a problem, and I'm sure that plenty of people have it installed in their Duke's without issue. Any thoughts as to why it might have been causing my problem?

- Bill Magann

Did you set the GTN to auto core usage?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Look at the panel.cfg file. I notice sometimes gaugeXX numbers are incorrect in various airplanes.

Make sure each section starts gauge00

and correctly counts up

Pretty sure the Duke's numberings are correct.

Pretty sure the Duke's numberings are correct.

going by my failing memory, I think the numbering is correct but not for one of the Reality-XP configs. Could be the 430 and 530.

The instruction manual (bottom of page 4) says that this is now done automatically. Is that not correct?

- Bill Magann

I'm not sure - I've heard this too but I've seen different behavior depending on the aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

I too am getting stuttering with my newly installed Turbine Duke V2. Not as bad as what the OP appears to be experiencing, but significant enough that today I pulled back the sliders in my FSX display options as the stutters are affected by MegaScenery and add-on airports but mostly disappear at altitudes . Helped some.

Would you please explain your comment above? What it refers to and how to set it?  Also, I have (2) GTN 750's in my TDv3 panel and may tomorrow try removing unit (2) to see if that helps.  My F1GTN.ini file for the TDv2  contains entries for (2) GTN 750s and (2) GTN 650s even though I do not have the 650.  All are configured with "CPU Core=0" and that happened automatically.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

OK. Took the 2nd GTN 750 out of the TDv2, kept one set of backup radios, and went back to the same environment as yesterday and today. Taxi from the ramp near the threshold end of R14 at Blueprints Indianapolis Intl (KIND) the distance of 28L and thought I experienced one very brief stutter. Was hard to tell as there were severe thunderstorms in the area and a lot of lightening,  

Earlier experience at that airport with the TDv2 and a pair of GTN 750s was multiple stutters, about 8 to 10 seconds apart, and lasting anywhere from perhaps a tenth of a second to a full second.  The previous stutters lasted until I cleared the Indianapolis area. I also experienced the stutters at my destination of Pittsburgh, where I Have a Megascenery Ultra-res City and a freeware KPIT airport.

You can look at the specs of my now-modest system in my profile, In this environment I had loaded MegaScenery Ulltra Res City Indianapolis and Blueprint's Indianapolis International (KIND).

So in the TDv2, stutters with (2) GTN 750s and smooth as glass with only one!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I did the same thing and found that with zero GTN's I got no stutters, with two the situation was at it's worst. It is possible that I just hadn't noticed the stuttering in the aircraft with only one GTN 750 installed before because it is much less obvious. Any suggestions as to how top stop the stuttering? I realize the topic has now shifted somewhat. :unsure:  

- Bill Magann