Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Teles

Japanese airports for FSX

Hey guys,

Lately I've been flying a bit in Japan. Fortunately, there's good freeware landclass and vector information for japanese lands, so this isn't exactly my problem.

My problem is... I'm struggling to find good airport sceneries for Japan. This is kinda sad. I have these two excellent sceneries from Pacific Island Sim (Chubu Centrair and Nagasaki), but that's all. I've found some stuff by Wing Creation, but their rendition of Narita is just too expensive...

Moreover, I simply cannot find good airport sceneries for Hokkaido area, which interests me a lot.  :( 

Is Japan really lacking good airports? Does anyone has any good tips in this subject? Should I just sit and cry? :P

Best regards,

The Overland stuff is designed for FS9 but if you don't mind messing around with ground polys and textures you can easily convert them to FSX.

My problem is... I'm struggling to find good airport sceneries for Japan

There are a couple of freeware Hokkaido airports available on flightsim.  Memanbetsu(RJCM) and Tokachi Obihiro(RJCB) by Shigeru Tomino.  He also has a website with some additional locations available only by e-mailing him (they're also freeware)

Technobrain has a payware New Chitose Airport (Sapporo) but their airports are only available on CD, no downloading available and it's only shippable to Japanese addresses.  I have their Naha CD (hometown airport baby!) and it's well detailed, not hard on frames, but very pricey as with all their products

Not sure of any other Hokkaido airports, but Wing Creations Sendai (close enough to Hokkaido lol) is worth purchasing. 

Hope that helps some Gabriel 

Chris Sunseri

Since you mentioned it, what are the good landclass programs you have/use for Japan?

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

@simbio @Avantime 

Thanks, Fabrizio and Iain! I had knowledge of these airports made by Overland, but I didn't know they could be used in FSX. Gonna take a look.

@pinlifter 

It helps! Thank you very much. Shigeru's works seems good (and the freeware world saves the day again...).

I'd like to take a look at Technobrain's stuff... but I'm exactly in the opposite side of the planet... :(

Sendai is in my "wishlist". Right now it's too expensive for me, so I'm hoping for some kind of deal in the near future...

@Oliver Ooi

Didn't know. Thanks! I just didn't find any kind of "download" button...

I guess their stuff is hosted in flightsim. Am I right?

@777200LRF 

Wow, man. I came across this site during my searches, but for some reason I thought it just had "city" sceneries, not airports. Doh...

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I need to look more carefully. I'm going to install one of their airports to see how they look here. I feel the screenshots in the website aren't enough to make a clear idea of the quality...

@Raven9000 

I think the original site of the author doesn't exist anymore, but anyway: it's Haruo's landclass for Japan. I'm pretty sure you still can easily find the landclass itself, though. A simply Google search probably is enough. Filename was jpx_beta070.zip.

@ccb777

Thanks, Chris! I'm realizing now that the payware world won't be (and don't need to be) the solution for my demands.

I think I just got used to pay for european sceneries and underestimated the freeware stuff...

But I'm still dreaming for a RJCC in FlyTampa's level of quality or something like that... :rolleyes:

Didn't know. Thanks! I just didn't find any kind of "download" button...
I guess their stuff is hosted in flightsim. Am I right?

You need to email the author and he will send you back the download link. However, not all scenery are available now. For info on how to request scenery from him, click the 'Mail' button. I use google translate to read the page.

You need to email the author and he will send you back the download link. However, not all scenery are available now. For info on how to request scenery from him, click the 'Mail' button. I use google translate to read the page.

Oh, I see.

Thank you very much, Oliver!

Also, have a look at Aerosim:
http://www.aerosim.co.jp/eigo/page1_e.htm

They created RJBB Kansai, RJFF Fukuoka and RJBE Kobe. Quite detailed, good coverage, animated Ctrl+J jetways, but way too expensive for non-Japanese customers.

They offer downloads, but enfore quite extreme exhange rates ($50/€60 for RJFF for example).

Personally, I would like to add RJFF to my collection but have not found a way to do so for a more 'normal' scenery price...

Henk de Vries

I really enjoy flying in Japan, and have been doing so with FSX for years. Many island airports, mountainous terrain, and the ILS 32L circle to land approach to runway 14R in a heavy jet is one of the most challenging and exhilarating in any simulator.

Best from Baltimore,

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.