Sign in to follow this  
Budbud

"You have control"

Hi Bryan,

I have suggestion for the command "you have control" for both the NGX and the T7.

If I'm right, the FO doesn't do anything while in control (at least according to a topic I have found in the 747 section.)

Is there a way to have the FO to keep matching the heading on the MCP during the cruise as it is normally done by the PF when in autopilot with the LNAV angaged? (unless it is already the case, I have not tried and in that case forget my post).

It would be great and add some realism.

Also we could also imagine that the FO would manage the center fuel pumps only if he has got the control.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Technically very possible. 

I was expect my request to be reasonable.  ^_^

Actually, I'm thinking more of the long haul flights with the T7 where in my understanding the FO takes the watch while the captain gets some rest.

In Fsx, I never leave fsx running alone while I would go to sleep or else but not always in front of my computer for the whole cruise. (I always keep an ear in case of warning or any failure and an eye from time to time) and having the FO "in control" would be a plus.

We could also imagine that the FO would give a small feedback once I take the control back.

Nothing to complicated but just something like a "Ok captain, everything was fine..." or maybe if it is feasible with the SDK: "captain, we have had a status message... nothing serious." Something like that.

Would it be possible to think of that for an udpate?

Thanks.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Thanks for the discussion.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi. I'd just like to say that I would be very happy with a feature like that including FO matching the heading when in control. During my flights you can often see me, the captain, enjoy the inflight movie with my wife. I allready use you have control for that.