Sign in to follow this  
Amadeo

Error installing patches

I had installed Australia and Europe so far,and downloaded  Patches 1,2,3; My SSD shows:

"FreeMeshx - 1.01 Patch"

"        "          - 1.02    "    "

"        "          _ 1.03   "     "

"        "         Australia"

"        "         Europe "    

": Program Files (86) (P3D v2.5 inside)

"System volume information"

Opening each FreeMesh folders show=>"FreemeshX=> Patches => Scenery => Files...

Going to P3D scenery Library =>Add =>" H:\ FreeMeshX - 1.01 Patch"

Shows; Patches Folder in Library with priority 1.

Rebuilding Data Base......

Again P3D scenery Library => add => "H:\....1.02 Patch" =>FreeMeshX-Patches Folder =>ok

Error; "a scenery item already exist with this title"

Cancel

Add ->" H:\....1.02 Patch =>FreeMeshX-Patches =>Scenery => ok

In Library shows: Scenery................................Priority 1

FreemeshX - Patches..........Priority 2.

Cancel 

Add=>'H:\FreeMeshX - 1.02 patch => ok

Library shows  : FreemeshX - 1.02 patch..........Priority  1

FreeMeshX - Patches..............Priority  2

Rebuilding Data base => " Scenery.cfg file error " Local scenery Directory(H:\FremeshX - 102 Patch|scenery) in scenery area 158 not found ,click ok to continue." => ok

same notification when i start P3D...if i continue to add patch 3 i will get similar error but in area 159.

I have FTX Global. Vector, LCEurope and Australia.

The last 3 entries in the library are ORBX Vector...156

Default scenery...157

Default terrain.....158 (With only Patch 1 and 2 added).All three Grayed

What do i have to do to install patches 2.3.4 inside patches folder?

I am looking forward to flying with this wonderfull present that you two gave us (I have Pilot mesh but it is shelved!!

I apologize for my English

Thank you

Walter

Do not put any folders into the Default Terrain folder.

Keep the Patches folders separate also.

Add the patches so that they end up higher on the scenery library screen than the original FMX entries. 

Add the patches so that they end up higher on the scenery library screen than the original FMX entries. 

It's okay to combine all the patches in one folder, but it's also equally fine to keep them separate.

Amadeo, it looks like you are trying make multiple entries pointing to the FreeMeshX - Patches folder, which is why you get the "a scenery item already exist with this title" error when you tried to add FreeMeshX - 1.02 patch.

It looks like you then tried to circumvent this by pointing to the FreeMeshX - 1.02/FreeMeshX - Patches/ scenery folder, but this will not work because then P3D will attempt to look for a scenery folder inside the FreeMeshX - 1.02/FreeMeshX - Patches/ scenery folder, but that does not exist so P3D gives you that error.

This what I recommend, and this is how I set up my machine.

Only have one FreeMeshX - Patches folder. Inside it, you must have a scenery folder. Inside the scenery folder, add all the .BGL files from each patch from 1.01 to 1.04.

Your folder structure will look this: FreeMeshX - Patches > scenery > .BGL files.

Then, add the FreeMeshX - Patches folder to the scenery library.

Hi Daniel, have download patch 1.04, not to sure as well, is this ok

FreeMeshX patches 4

FreeMeshX patches 3

FreeMeshX patches 2

FreeMeshX patches 1

Mesh Org.. (this the original European scenery)not download other regions yet

FTXAA_orbxlibs

ftx..

and so on...

many thanks bob

Hi Daniel, have download patch 1.04, not to sure as well, is this ok

FreeMeshX patches 4

FreeMeshX patches 3

FreeMeshX patches 2

FreeMeshX patches 1

Mesh Org.. (this the original European scenery)not download other regions yet

FTXAA_orbxlibs

ftx..

and so on...

many thanks bob

That is fine, however I would put all the patches in one folder and move all the FreeMeshX folders below the ORBX FTX stuff. Just personal preference.

That is fine, however I would put all the patches in one folder and move all the FreeMeshX folders below the ORBX FTX stuff. Just personal preference.

ok thanks

Hi Jim Thank you for your advice, what I ment to say is that with 2 patches added on top, Default Terrain becames No 158

Thanks again

It's okay to combine all the patches in one folder, but it's also equally fine to keep them separate.

Amadeo, it looks like you are trying make multiple entries pointing to the FreeMeshX - Patches folder, which is why you get the "a scenery item already exist with this title" error when you tried to add FreeMeshX - 1.02 patch.

It looks like you then tried to circumvent this by pointing to the FreeMeshX - 1.02/FreeMeshX - Patches/ scenery folder, but this will not work because then P3D will attempt to look for a scenery folder inside the FreeMeshX - 1.02/FreeMeshX - Patches/ scenery folder, but that does not exist so P3D gives you that error.

This what I recommend, and this is how I set up my machine.

Only have one FreeMeshX - Patches folder. Inside it, you must have a scenery folder. Inside the scenery folder, add all the .BGL files from each patch from 1.01 to 1.04.

Your folder structure will look this: FreeMeshX - Patches > scenery > .BGL files.

Then, add the FreeMeshX - Patches folder to the scenery library.

Daniel I did what you sugested,copy all files inside FreemeshX-Patces-Scenery...No error message!! everything is OK.

I appreciate your help...now I am going to enjoy your Hard work.

Walter :blink: