Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lights - issues with DX10

I have put the light field into the scenery folder of the EDDM scenery (Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Mega Airport Munich\Scenery).

When I installed the libraries I only had the box "DX10 Lights Package" checked.

ok well I suggest uninstalling and installing with DX10 Lights Package (aircraft lights)  and DX10 Effects (scenery lights) ticked.  I wouldn't expect airport lights to work very well without the latter.   They may somewhat randomly inherit flashing and invisibility properties from other items in the scenery.  The lightfield only fixes one aspect you need both for things to work reasonably well.

Try the 8 bit fix first it has side effects but if it fixes it then it's a clue at least.

Steve, checking 8-bit Texture Fix didin't help:

t2551937_obsandtail-j41.jpg

ok try the legacy slider at the two extreme positions and then try all the legacy settings - but keep in mind that such changes may break other things.

ok well I suggest uninstalling and installing with DX10 Lights Package (aircraft lights)  and DX10 Effects (scenery lights) ticked.  I wouldn't expect airport lights to work very well without the latter.   They may somewhat randomly inherit flashing and invisibility properties from other items in the scenery.  The lightfield only fixes one aspect you need both for things to work reasonably well.

Done that, still got the flashing lights. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. My legacy slider is set fully to the left (Scenery), I have converted all the light effects, installed the libraries with both the Light Package and the DX10 Effects. Still always the same flashing.

I am not sure  you are doing anything wrong Dx10 lights can sometimes have a mind of their own.

Ok as an experiment can you try the same shot above with  the default Cessna  viewed from outside with its lnav lights and landing lights on please

ok try the legacy slider at the two extreme positions and then try all the legacy settings - but keep in mind that such changes may break other things.

Set Legacy slider max to the left and right did not help. (V2.0 Transp. Logic and Lighting Rules option was checked).

When I turn V2.0 Transp. Logic and Lighting Rules off and slider was Balanced - issue also exist.

I'm curious that anyone who has PMDG Js41 also meet this effect. If not - maybe could send Fixer' profile?

I am not sure  you are doing anything wrong Dx10 lights can sometimes have a mind of their own.

Ok as an experiment can you try the same shot above with  the default Cessna  viewed from outside with its lnav lights and landing lights on please

Steve, I think we found something. This is interesting. When I have the nav lights turned off with the default Cessna, the lights continue to flash, but as soon as I turn on the nav lights the runway lights also stay on. Hope this helps somehow.

Yes that's the rule, lights work if there is another effect light with a "shine " ( some lights are just orbs and don't illuminate their surroundings) visible on the screen.

The light field satisfies this role in part but it isn't always visible. Let me come back to you

@DerFlieger

can you try an experiment for me.

1) go into fsx\effects directory

2) locate the file fx_dx10field.fx

3) edit it with notepad

4) locate the section   [Particle.2]

5) change all the values that are 5000.00 in the lines X Scale= and Y Scale=  to be 15000.00  (You need to change 4 values in total)

6) save and test

Hi Steve,

I have followed your instructions, but unfortunately it didn't work. The approach lights are still flashing at night.

ok edit the same file

find the next section

[ParticleAttributes.2]

Change 3rd numeric value in the lines ColorStart=  and ColorEnd= to 255 from 0 so both should then start  0,0,255

and save

Now this time you should see that the ground at EDDM is bright blue,  if it isn't then the lightfield isn't working  - this will mess up all your airports with blue paint but it can be undone!

Ok Steve, I think we found the problem. Even after editing the ColorStart and ColorEnd values, the lights remained exactly the same. Looks like for some reason my light fields are not working correctly. :(

Ok can you send me a screenshot of the directory you installed the lightfield bgl for eddm into. It will be easier at this point if you use the yahoo email address in the manual

Set Legacy slider max to the left and right did not help. (V2.0 Transp. Logic and Lighting Rules option was checked).

When I turn V2.0 Transp. Logic and Lighting Rules off and slider was Balanced - issue also exist.

I'm curious that anyone who has PMDG Js41 also meet this effect. If not - maybe could send Fixer' profile?

Hi Steve,

any idea what to do with JS41 OBS and Tail LIGHTS issue? :sad: