Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

P3Dv2 777 prices...

No Rant intended, because I knew what I could expect after I decided to go for P3Dv2, and I am seriously considering the 744 when released ( I guess around August, just like the original Queen of the skies in 2006 :-) ), but heck! They're EXPENSIVE!!!

The 777 base package sells for $135 ?

I know it's a complex, and very enjoyable add-on ( had it for FSX ), but why that price ?

Well, I somehow answer myself considering the fact that whenever P3D get's updated sometimes compatibility is a problem, forcing developers to do further work on a given model to account for whatever changes were introduced. This could be a justification, but I'm not sure if it is the only one?

Does the P3Dv2 model include further details than the FSX ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Does the P3Dv2 model include further details than the FSX ?

No

============================

Dont forget 64bit version is free

Rich Sennett

Part of the purchase is if P3D goes 64 you will get a working 63 product for free

Rich Sennett

There was an introductory price break ($90 US) on the P3D 777 but you missed it.

Jose-

I struggled with this too. So ultimatley I decided it would be ridiculoius to pay for the SAME plane twice. There's nothing wrong with FSX.

Instead, I will be buying future planes for P3D.

IF AND WHEN P3D go 64 bit, and PMDG figures out how to convert, then I will evaluate it.

Peter Osborn

Ok, yes Guy's mostly what I think too, but the upcoming 744 is a must, and in my to buy list for quite a long time ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Jose-

I struggled with this too. So ultimatley I decided it would be ridiculoius to pay for the SAME plane twice. There's nothing wrong with FSX.

Instead, I will be buying future planes for P3D.

IF AND WHEN P3D go 64 bit, and PMDG figures out how to convert, then I will evaluate it.

This whole thing gets extremely boring. It is NOT the same plane. To different platforms. There is an FSX version at one price and a P3D version at a different price. If you don't like PMDG pricing policy for P3D products then don't buy them. End of..........

David Thwaites

Dave,

did you read the OP ?

I'm not ranting, OK ?  Just trying to find out what additional stuff we get in the P3d versions.

Thank you.

Main Simulation Rig:

Dave,

did you read the OP ?

I'm not ranting, OK ?  Just trying to find out what additional stuff we get in the P3d versions.

Thank you.

Well you get the PMDG 777 for P3D. Your comparison with the FSX version is irrelevant as they are two separate platforms.

David Thwaites

Just trying to find out what additional stuff we get in the P3d versions.

I believe you get nothing extra in either of the versions, FSX or P3D. Both are identical in every respect and the higher price point is (if memory serves me correctly) due to higher licensing costs for P3D. The price of the P3D version has kept me from re-buying the same add on too. I'll continue enjoying both the NG and the 777 in FSX and my next purchase will probably be the 747 for P3D, provided it's in the double digits - which I highly doubt.

1) There are no differences between the FSX and P3D versions.

2) The price is due to licensing costs and P3Dv3 compatibility updates, including x64 architecture re-coding.

3) The price for the PMDG 777 and 'new entrants' will increase significantly once 64-bit conversion has occurred.

4) PMDG has said their P3D product is for those who want to learn more about the 777 airliner (academic reasons), since P3D use for entertainment purposes is not permitted.

I'm a bit confused with "licensing costs" since other developers have released P3D versions either as a free new installer, or the same price as the FSX version.

But, PMDG can do as they wish, it's their product after all.

You also state the 777 price will go up once they release a 64bit version for new customers. Why would that be? I can't say I've heard of that before but I'm not fully up to date with all the in's and out's