Been loving flying my Turbine Duke, I want to build a modest cockpit, Im looking for some hardware that can control the heading and course. any suggestions

Saitek multi-panel will do nicely - luv mine dont load saitek drivers just use latest spad driver

Rich Sennett

Saitek multi-panel will do nicely - luv mine dont load saitek drivers just use latest spad driver

I was looking at that Rich, saw a few vids on YouTube, in some videos it seemed like there was a rather long delay between selecting the desired heading and when the aircraft actually reacted to the command. Can you give any insight into this, I never load the saitek drivers, maybe the user in the video did this and it was interfering. 

Hello,

+1; Richard is right. Looking at the price, Saitek panels are a good choise. I use for AP the CP-Flight MCP. Saitek Radiopanels and Switch Panel are excellent for the RealAir Birds.

If I had your E-Mail account I could sent you a picture of my cockpit to give you another idea.

Cheers,

Ben Rikken

I was looking at that Rich, saw a few vids on YouTube, in some videos it seemed like there was a rather long delay between selecting the desired heading and when the aircraft actually reacted to the command. Can you give any insight into this, I never load the saitek drivers, maybe the user in the video did this and it was interfering. 

Hello,

+1; Richard is right. Looking at the price, Saitek panels are a good choise. I use for AP the CP-Flight MCP. Saitek Radiopanels and Switch Panel are excellent for the RealAir Birds.

If I had your E-Mail account I could sent you a picture of my cockpit to give you another idea.

Cheers,

Ben Rikken

No hesitation - its instant Ian but I will admit some aircraft dont follow altitudes that you are assigning in multi panel you have to compensate for instance just tried Alabeo Titan and I had to compensate with hardware to get it to follow not sure if its the aircraft causing the problem so basically the alt in panel is not matching up with in sim alt not sure why - have to try some other aircraft to see if the aircraft itself is the problem

Ben any ideas why this is doing this - thanks

Well as I suspected it those alabeo careando aircraft not doing what they are suppose to do - tried Flight1 Kingair and it worked perfectly so go for it this panel is a must - works great - radio panels also very handy after just picking up RC4 which has some issues as its not working correctly has me all over the place - have to figure that one out

Rich Sennett

Another vote here for the Saitek multi-panel. I use Spad rather than the Saitek drivers and so far it as been working just fine. Great aircraft.

Steve

My rig, below, is mainly used to fly the BN2 Islander and the Realair Duke. The Saitek stuff works brilliantly. My only problem, with all aircraft, is the rotary knob on the switch panel which casuses a CTD when you use the start option, indtead I use a modified retro Nintendo USB controller, mounted beneath the yoke which I use for my engine starter buttons.

image.jpg5_zpsldy4jqlj.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsrteft2xf.jpg

Goflight also makes very good hardware their throttle quadrant is far more realistic than the Saitek or CH throttles and I've owned all three. They are pricey but worth it especially if you can find a good deal on a used one. They offer flat rate repairs on all their products and sell rebuild kits for the throttles and some of their other products as well

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Goflight all the way, just far nicer quality all round than the Saitek stuff.

It may be a bit more expensive but some of my modules are getting on to ten years old and are still perfect.

Been loving flying my Turbine Duke, I want to build a modest cockpit, Im looking for some hardware that can control the heading and course. any suggestions

You could check out my Autopilot+ panel. Just click the banner below.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro