Sign in to follow this  
Mumrik

Available fix for PMDG B747-400X and MD-11 X crash when selected

Seriously, click yes when it asks you about FSUIPC or Pmdg related dll files

Okay, but as I said, when doing this, FSX immediately crashes.

Open fsx.cfg (notepad works for this), search for any references to those DLL files and delete those lines, then save fsx.cfg.

Now restart FSX and you should hopefully find that clicking yes when asked does not cause FSX to crash.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Okay, but as I said, when doing this, FSX immediately crashes.

Ok, I thought you said you were clicking no. Got it

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Open fsx.cfg (notepad works for this), search for any references to those DLL files and delete those lines, then save fsx.cfg.

Now restart FSX and you should hopefully find that clicking yes when asked does not cause FSX to crash.

Hi
Can you please help me with telling me which these files is?

Can you please help me with telling me which these files is?

Hi Alex,

Open an explorer window (for example, by clicking on the Computer icon)

Type, or copy and paste, the following text into the address bar and then hit carriage return

%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX

This opens the folder where fsx.cfg is usually located

You could also press the start button and type the same thing in the search bar.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Alex,

Type, or copy and paste, the following text into the address bar and then hit carriage return

%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX

You could also press the start button and type the same thing in the search bar.

Hi,

Have the same problem but dont know what files you mean in the FSX cfg?

Hi Alex,

%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX

Hi

Yes I have managed to locate the FSX cfg on my computer but what I was asking was if you might know which the files in the cfg that are related and has with the dll files to do?

Hi,

There are no files in FSX.cfg. FSX.cfg is a file. See post #17.

Hi,

Any DLL files named in pop up windows that open when you load FSX. Deleting them from fsg.cfg will force FSX to replace the reference to the DLL, hopefully a good one.

Hi

Yes I have managed to locate the FSX cfg on my computer but what I was asking was if you might know which the files in the cfg that are related and has with the dll files to do?

Make a note of the names of all DLLs that open a YES/NO window when you start FSX. Click no for each one and make sure FSX actually runs. then exit from FSX.

Now open fsx.cfg and search for the DLL names you noted previously. If you find any of them delete the line they are in. save fsx.cfg.

Now try running FSX again. This time answer YES for each of the DLL files you found a reference for and deleted. Hopefully FSX will now load and run.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Any DLL files named in pop up windows that open when you load FSX. Deleting them from fsg.cfg will force FSX to replace the reference to the DLL, hopefully a good one.

Make a note of the names of all DLLs that open a YES/NO window when you start FSX. Click no for each one and make sure FSX actually runs. then exit from FSX.

Now open fsx.cfg and search for the DLL names you noted previously. If you find any of them delete the line they are in. save fsx.cfg.

Now try running FSX again. This time answer YES for each of the DLL files you found a reference for and deleted. Hopefully FSX will now load and run.

Hi,

Can someone just clarify to me if it is the file named fsx or the fsx.cfg? Both are opened in notepad.

Hi,

Can someone just clarify to me if it is the file named fsx or the fsx.cfg? Both are opened in notepad.

It's fsx.cfg, as I told you in the first place. That is the file FSX uses. If it was named fsx I would have called it that. I don't know where a text file called fsx came from, it's not a file name I recognise. Are you sure you didn't save fsx.cfg without a file extension by mistake? A file with no extension like that wouldn't open in notepad unless you opted to allow it.

Make sure you have "hide extensios for know file types" unchecked. You will find that option listed in the Windows Explorer menu under Tools, Folder Options, View

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you for all the help, the problem is now solved and the aircraft is flyebal again.

Now I just have to slow and other small problem that appears a few days back regarding adding new files to FSX.

Thank you for all the help, the problem is now solved and the aircraft is flyebal again.

Now I just have to slow and other small problem that appears a few days back regarding adding new files to FSX.

That's very good news. Glad to be able to help.

ki9cAAb.jpg

That's very good news. Glad to be able to help.

Thank you for all the help.

By the way, do anyone know where it is a good to ask about the problem with adding scenery and texture to FSX?

Pleased for gidence.