Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Looking for fully P3Dv2.x compatible high quality airport scenery

Decided to clean up my P3D installation a bit removing all airports not fully P3Dv2.x compatible and this left me with a long list of missing airports.

I'm pretty sure none of the airports in the list has a high quality airport scenery available which is also fully P3Dv2.x compatible but please correct me if you know something I don't.

And for all high quality airport scenery designers out there...find some inspiration in the list :wink:

BKPR Pristina
EBBR Brussels
EDDF Frankfurt
EDDH Hamburg
EDDT Berlin
EFHK Helsinki
EGCC Manchester
EGPH Edinburgh
EHAM Amsterdam
ENAL Alesund
ENBO Bodo
ENHD Haugesund
ENVA Trondheim
ESDF Ronneby
ESGG Gothenburg
ESMQ Kalmar
ESMS Malmo
ESNN Sundsvall
ESNQ Kiruna
ESNS Skelleftea
ESNZ Ostersund
ESPA Lulea
ESSV Visby
ESTA Helsingborg
GCFV Fuerteventura
GCRR Lanzarote
HEGN Hurghada
LBBG Burgas
LCLK Larnaca
LDDU Dubrovnik
LEAL Alicante
LEBL Barcelona
LEMD Madrid
LEMG Malaga
LEMH Menorca
LFBZ Biarritz
LFKB Bastia
LFMN Nice
LFPG Paris
LGAV Athens
LGKF Kefallinia
LGKV Kavala
LGPZ Preveza
LGRP Rhodes
LGSA Chania
LGSM Samos
LGSR Santorini
LGZA Zakinthos
LHBP Budapest
LIBR Brindisi
LICJ Palermo
LIEE Cagliari
LIMC Milano
LIML Milano
LIPZ Venice
LIRF Rome
LIRP Pisa
LIRS Grosseto
LKPR Prague
LLBG Tel Aviv
LMML Luqa
LOWI Innsbruck
LOWS Salzburg
LPFR Faro
LSZH Zurich
LTAI Antalya
OJAQ Aqaba

Richard Åsberg

Helsinki for FSX + P3D allround (1 & 2):

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_list&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_design=DEFAULT

Recently there was a new Gothenborg released for FSX, but there should be a FSX/P3D version soon. You can get it at simmarket, but I wasnt very impressed, to be honest, I got a bit of a FS9 feeling when I saw the graphics.

If I remember right, Sundsval is in one of the FTXG Europe freeware packs, but that only works if you use FTX Global, of course...

NL2000 annouced they're going to work on making their airports fit for P3Dv2, a short while ago. I dont know how far they are and how fast things are going, but you might want to check up from time to time for Amsterdam Schiphol.

If you manage to find any Ostersund that works with P3Dv2, I'd love to hear about it! :D

Cheers!

Maarten

Thanks for your response, however...

...Aerosoft Helsinki is not P3Dv2.x compatible

...The ESGG scenery that was released again isn't P3Dv2.x compatible and just as you I was everything but impressed and got the same FS9 feeling

...I know about Sundsvall being part of a FTX freeware package which is also the case with Kiruna but I doubt they are P3Dv2.x compatible and on top of this I don't like to install products that won't allow any configuration such as removing static aircraft if you don't want it and also you can't choose the airports in the package you like to install but you'll end up with all of them regardless if you like that or not

...Heard of NL2000 but never tried any of their scenery products. Are their products even payware products or only freeware products? As for Amsterdam I'm looking forward to FlyTampa's new Amsterdam!

Finding a scenery for Ostersund will be very hard I'm afraid but let's keep our fingers crossed :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Zakinthos (LGZA) is not listet as a P3D Product, but it is fully compatible (also lights are working). http://secure.simmarket.com/live-in-fsx-zante-x-(de_4863).phtml

And I can say, all UK2000 v3 airports are working perfect fine in Prepare3D (lights are working too). 

Budapest from LHS is perfect. Incredible good performance and the lights are awesome http://secure.simmarket.com/lhs-budapest-liszt-ferenc-lhbp-fsx-(de_7834).phtml

(LHBP is one of my favourite airports. The airport looks pretty good)

For some german airports like EDDT there are lightfixes out there: http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Lanzarote from Eiresim is working in Prepar3D (with lights), but I miss the PAPI lights. I have to try this again. 

Aerosoft Version of LTAI Antalya is working good. I'm not 100% sure if the lights are working properly. 

Athens from FlyTampa should work fine. http://flytampa.org/order.html

Hurghada from SimBreeze is working perfect in Prepar3D. It's fully compatible with all lightning. http://secure.simmarket.com/simbreeze-hurghada-x-hegn-fsxp3d-(de_7913).phtml

I hope I could help you a little bit. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

Sorry guys, guess I should have been more clear. Pretty much all products you mentioned in here so far are products I already have on my disk.

What I'm looking for are products that are fully P3Dv2.x compatible out of the box with no need for fixes or the use of EMT or any other special treatments to work in P3Dv2.x.

Richard Åsberg

Only Antalya and EDDT could be a problem without knowing how to install it without the EMT. 

With Zante you can choose the P3D direction and you have to add it manually in the Lib, but thats all. Same with UK2000 v3 and Eiresim.

But all other airports are really no problem. Just hit the installer, choose Prepar3d v2.x and go for it. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

I just checked my installer for Helsinki and this is a triple installer for FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv2

All FTXG Freeware packs are also triple installers for FSX, P3D and P3Dv2

NL2000 are freeware airports, but they are of quite good quality and they've got a lot of prominent airports in the Netherlands. I had some trouble with the FSX/P3D version with some, like EHAM, but that was mostly because of VAS issues. I hope they will get EHAM adjusted properly soon, it looks very good and is a serious compatitor for Aerosoft's EHAM.

Havent seen anything about FlyTampa's EHAM, but I'll check up on it, that sounds very interesting indeed.

Cheers!

Maarten

Zakinthos (LGZA) is not listet as a P3D Product, but it is fully compatible (also lights are working). http://secure.simmarket.com/live-in-fsx-zante-x-(de_4863).phtml

And I can say, all UK2000 v3 airports are working perfect fine in Prepare3D (lights are working too). 

Budapest from LHS is perfect. Incredible good performance and the lights are awesome http://secure.simmarket.com/lhs-budapest-liszt-ferenc-lhbp-fsx-(de_7834).phtml

(LHBP is one of my favourite airports. The airport looks pretty good)

For some german airports like EDDT there are lightfixes out there: http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Lanzarote from Eiresim is working in Prepar3D (with lights), but I miss the PAPI lights. I have to try this again. 

Aerosoft Version of LTAI Antalya is working good. I'm not 100% sure if the lights are working properly. 

Athens from FlyTampa should work fine. http://flytampa.org/order.html

Hurghada from SimBreeze is working perfect in Prepar3D. It's fully compatible with all lightning. http://secure.simmarket.com/simbreeze-hurghada-x-hegn-fsxp3d-(de_7913).phtml

I hope I could help you a little bit. :)

When you say Zakinthos is fully P3D supported does that mean it's possible to make it work in P3Dv2.x or that it's actually a P3Dv2.x product out of the box allowing you to choose to install the product into P3Dv2.x? Because that's the only kind of products I'm looking for.

As for the UK2000 v3 airports only London-Heathrow and Birmingham are fully P3Dv2.x supported at this time. And just to make sure we're on the same page, when I say fully supported I mean a product that allows you to install it directly into P3Dv2.x out of the box. A product where you have to perform manual steps such as copying files, adding entries into the scenery library etc etc don't qualify as fully P3Dv2.x compatible in my book. I do know you can make many of these products work in P3Dv2.x by performing these manual steps and/or use a tool such as EMT but that's not the kind of products I'm looking for.

Thanks for the tip regarding Budapest from LHS, that one looks really good from the video on the products page which also clearly mentions P3Dv2.x compatibility so I'll most probably pick that one up in the near future!

As for the German airports like EDDT...yep...you guessed it...I'm not looking for products where you need to obtain fixes to make them work correctly in P3Dv2.x :wink: Or fact is I don't mind having to apply a fix to make a product fully P3Dv2.x compatible. What I don't want are products that can't be installed into P3Dv2.x without performing manual steps. And this is not because I don't know how to perform such steps or how to use a tool such as EMT (which I already own and have used a lot in the past to install FSX products into P3Dv2.x) but only because I got sick of products not working 100% in P3Dv2.x and where you can't know for sure if the installation was totally successful or not...if you need to rename a certain file from .BGL to .DISABLED and so on and so on...that's what I'm sick of and that's why I decided to get rid of all airports not fully P3Dv2.x compatible and try to keep my P3Dv2.x installation as clean as possible to save myself both headache and time.

Lanzarote from Eiresim is not listed as a P3Dv2.x compatible product so I doubt it is even if it's possible to make it work in P3Dv2.x.

Same thing with Antalya from AS, not a true P3Dv2.x product.

For FT's version of Athens there seems to be some confusion. The products overview webpage says version 1.2 of Athens is P3Dv2.x compatible however reading the associated support forum for FT Athens suggests otherwise. Posted the question and waiting for an official answer.

Checked out the Hurghada scenery from Simbreeze but by looking at the screenshots I was not very impressed, gave me some of that FS9 feeling so I think I'll pass on that one but thanks anyway for the tip!

I just checked my installer for Helsinki and this is a triple installer for FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv2

All FTXG Freeware packs are also triple installers for FSX, P3D and P3Dv2

NL2000 are freeware airports, but they are of quite good quality and they've got a lot of prominent airports in the Netherlands. I had some trouble with the FSX/P3D version with some, like EHAM, but that was mostly because of VAS issues. I hope they will get EHAM adjusted properly soon, it looks very good and is a serious compatitor for Aerosoft's EHAM.

Havent seen anything about FlyTampa's EHAM, but I'll check up on it, that sounds very interesting indeed.

Thanks for the tip regarding the updated installer for Helsinki, very happy to see that airport is now fully P3Dv2.x compatible because that's one of my favorite airports. Almost gives you the feeling of actually being at the airport IRL. I thought I checked for updated installers of all my AS airports but apparently I missed this one.

Great that the FTX Freeware packs now come with triple installers. However I still don't fancy these packs for the reasons already mentioned with lacking possibility to configure the installed products and choose what airports to install.

I'm sure some of the NL2000 work is very impressive and especially for being freeware but I already took the decision to only install payware products into my P3D installation. Speaking about NL I too am very much looking forward to FT's EHAM, I think that one might turn out to be really nice!!

Richard Åsberg

Wondering about A_A_Sceneries VTBS and Bridgesimulation ZGGG.

FlyTampa installer are different to others. You have to choose the Root Folder of your sim anyway. So Athens is compatible with P3D and you dont have to use EMT or other stuff.

No, Zante does not have an P3D installer, sorry. 

But I can choose my simfolder with the UK2000 installer. So I dont see a problem here with the other ones. But you have to add the Airport in the libs manually. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

FlyTampa installer are different to others. You have to choose the Root Folder of your sim anyway. So Athens is compatible with P3D and you dont have to use EMT or other stuff.

No, Zante does not have an P3D installer, sorry. 

But I can choose my simfolder with the UK2000 installer. So I dont see a problem here with the other ones. But you have to add the Airport in the libs manually. 

Was some time ago I installed FlyTampa Copehagen but can't recall I had to choose the installation folder myself but maybe you're right and I just forgot about it. Good to know and maybe I'll give Athens another go then. Just trying to make sure at this point to not install anything that can cause issues.

The reason I only want to install products that will recognize my P3Dv2.5 installation out of the box is that in some way indicates to me the product has been checked by the developer to really be fully P3Dv2.x compatible.

Richard Åsberg

I can understand you. I'm in the same situation. I simply don't want airports without an P3D installer anymore. 

The next airport I'm really looking for is T2G Munich, because it's my base for several VAs my real home airport. 

Philipp Schwaegerl