Sign in to follow this  
Pepe08

PMDG MD-11 CRASH WHEN SELECTED IN FSX

HELLO ALL,

I HAVE THE PMDG 747 AND MD-11 INSTALLED IN FSX, THEN WHEN RECENTLY UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 8.1 THEY BOTH STOPPED WORKING. BUT WORKED FINE BEFORE AND AS A RESULT OF THIS I AM UNABLE TO FLY THESE AIRCRAFT. IS THERE ANY HELP TO GET IN THIS SUBJECT OUT THERE?
HAVEN'T HAD THE GUTS TO DO A DOWN GRADE BACK TO WINDOWS 8 AGAIN SINCE I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WOULD WORK AND ALSO SINCE I BEEN WARNED THAT DOING THIS MIGHT DELETE ALL OR VERY MUCH OF DOCUMENTS OR OTHER PERSONAL STUFF ON THE COMPUTER.
AND I DON'T WANT TO UNINSTALL AND THEN REINSTALL ALL OF FSX AGAIN SINCE I HAVE A LOT OF OTHER PRODUCTS INSTALLED LIKE AIRPLANES, TRAFFIC, SCENERIES AND OTHER.
AFTER ALL I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF WINDOWS 8.1.

HELP PLEASE :(    :Praying:    :Cry: Broken%20Heart.gif

UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 8.1

Avsim has forums for various operating systems. Maybe you can find a solution in this - http://forum.avsim.net/forum/590-win8-os-forum/. I have also seen threads in the PMDG Forums where members reported problems with 8.1 and eventually solved them. I can't cite any specific threads because I didn't pay attention to them in details since I use Windows7. But they are out there.

Please don't type your post in capital letters. It is considered shouting  and it is impolite. Full names(first and last) are required in the PMDG Forums per this post -  http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361820-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/.

First, check in the Windows event viewer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7 

and check about the same time the error occured, (usually under applications). Let us know what the module or error was when it crashed.

It could be the runtimes are missing or corrupted, or you might have the uiautomationcore.dll either incorrectly installed, or a wrong version used.

It could even be UAC settings.

The event viewer will at least narrow down your search.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020