Sign in to follow this  
AYBABTU

PMDG 737 NGX PREPA3D

OK. I uninstalled and reinstalled and re-activated PMDG 737 NGX and I've installed the recommended simconnect interfaces and I cannot get the virtual cockpit knobs that control speed, heading, altitude, range, altimeter etc. to function. Some of these functions are available on the 2D panels and they work OK there.
I've found the click spots and know what the grey hand and the white hand signify. The mouse wheel doesn't do anything and left and or right clicking has no effect in virtual cockpit.
I am using the most current drivers and the latest Prepar3d install.
Any suggestions? I am at a loss at this point.
My default aircraft all work just fine.
Oh, one more thing. The 2D main cockpit panel (Shift 1) is coming up all distorted and the top part of the panel is scrambled beyond use.
I've correctly activated both Prepar3d and the PMDG 737NGX base package and have read and followed the instructions in the PMDG manual. Either I have missed something or I do indeed have a compatibility problem somewhere.
Thanks.

Capt. Sara T. Allen
USCG Merchant Marine
PPL - Single Engine Land

Firstly, please check to make sure your sim resolution matches your monitor resolution (EG 1920x1080)

You may need to check your config file to ensure the line WideViewAspect=True is in place.

Secondly, PMDG wants full names in the forums otherwise your posts will disappear like those last few litres before the combustion chamber of your CFM56. = Gone.

The problem has been solved. It has to do with the FSUIPC.ini settings. I deleted the FSUPIC.ini and the problem went away. I restored it and it came back.
I also went through the process of reinstalling P3D and all of my addons one at a time to make sure there were no problems.

772west thank you for your reply. I do not wee where I can put my full name on the forum. I checked my profile page and don't see an entry for it there.
This is an AVSIM forum. Is that different than the PMDG forum you speak of?

Capt. Sara T. Allen
USCG Merchant Marine
PPL - Single Engine Land

This is an AVSIM forum. Is that different than the PMDG forum you speak of?

Nope. You can either simply type it into each post, or you can go to your user settings (top right, click on your user name, click on My Settings and "Signature" will be the 5th option down on the left). Add your info. Click save at the bottom.

Kyle Rodgers