Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Loving Reboot - One Minor Issue

Bryan, first of all thank you VERY much for the new reboot version of FS2crew for the NGX.  I am really enjoying it, I especially like the new voices.  I have only run into one issue so far.  I am using SOP 1, and on every flight the PM correctly sets the departure field elevation on the overhead panel prior to departure.  But he never sets the destination field elevation prior to the TOD, it always stays at the departure field elevation.  Am I supposed to set this?  The PM always set the destination field elevation prior to the TOD in the legacy version.

Thanks again for a great addition to the NGX.

Gary Merka  

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Hi Gary,

Glad you like it!

During his main preflight flow, the FO should set the "landing" elevation, not the departure elevation in the pressurization mode controller.

In order for him to do that, you need to have an arrival runway selected in the FMC.

I know it's not necessarily realistic to select an arrival runway during pre-flight, but it's the only way FS2Crew can "read" the landing elevation.

If you dont want to select an arrival runway, you'd need to set the pressurization controller manually.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick response Bryan.  OK, I think that was my problem.  I was not selecting the arrival runway before the PM started his flow.

Thanks.

Gary Merka  

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Hi Gary,

Glad you like it!

During his main preflight flow, the FO should set the "landing" elevation, not the departure elevation in the pressurization mode controller.

In order for him to do that, you need to have an arrival runway selected in the FMC.

I know it's not necessarily realistic to select an arrival runway during pre-flight, but it's the only way FS2Crew can "read" the landing elevation.

If you dont want to select an arrival runway, you'd need to set the pressurization controller manually.

Cheers

Do you need the runway or just an arrival airport? I've seen the FO program the landing elevation just fine without selecting an arrival runway or even a STAR, just setting the destination airport. I tend to load my route into the FMC while the FO is out on the walk around for just that reason: FS2CREW needs some flight computer data beforehand.

I just change around what I need to if my VATSIM departure clearance is different than what I file.

I'm pretty sure you need the runway too.  I'll double check.  You may be right about only requiring the airport.

For SOP 1, in the next update I'll have the FO update the landing elevation during his descent flow.

That would be great. Thanks Bryan.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

Pretty sure arrival airport is sufficient - works for me anyways. Just flew into LOWI, and my FO set 1500 (or there about)... Hadn't set the arrival runway at that point...

Loving the new reboot btw!

But sure am missing the pushback feature. Can't wait for Ultimate Ground crew x...

Arrival airport used to work in the legacy version, so unless you've changed it.......  And in the one flight I've made time to complete in Reboot I didn't notice a problem:  EGKK (205 feet) to LEPA (24 feet).

ngxu_banner.png