Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

What conversation is supposed to come through the Headsets

Guest JustanotherPilot

I've done several flights with Reboot and after much trial and error I'm finding it the most enjoy experience to make the NGX more realistic. I've noticed though that no conversation comes through the headsets, ALL through the speakers. My heaphone mike has no problems issuing commands, but a search through the reboot manuals doesn't tell me what I'm supposed to hear through the headsets. Am I supposed to hear the FO do his checklists, or the FA when she answers my requests or the PA announcements ....or are my (new) headphones not functioning correctly?

As Steve said:

1. Ensure you have your headset audio device selected on the Audio Page (Secondary Panel).

2. Then press the HS button on the Main Panel.

Note:  Not all FS2Crew sounds will go through the headset.  Only checklists and FO commands will.

Best,

Guest JustanotherPilot

As Steve said:

1. Ensure you have your headset audio device selected on the Audio Page (Secondary Panel).

2. Then press the HS button on the Main Panel.

Note:  Not all FS2Crew sounds will go through the headset.  Only checklists and FO commands will.

Best,

HS selected and illuminated, I neglected to mention that in my post -  sorry and audio device is also selected...can you tell me which conversation I'm supposed to hear so that I can make any adjustments to my audio at that point.

The headset works fine using speech recognition

Guest JustanotherPilot

Bryan,

None came through - I adjusted the volume up on the cfg settings on Crew and Cabin PA. I notice on Page 62 of the 'Main Ops Manual' you have a similar scenario to mine listed. I am using Prepar3D for my flight and it doesn't seem to have the sound adjustment setting menu as listed for FSX ie 'Sounds to speakers' and 'Voice' to headset, as P3D is a virtual clone of FSX can you point me to these settings in Prepar3d

I'm having the same issue.

The headset is selected as the audio device and the HS button is pressed but all audio is sent to the desktop speakers.

If I make the headset the default audio device in Windows only then does the relevant audio get directed to the headset when selected in the secondary panel and the HS button is selected. It works but is a bit of a pain as I only use the headset for FSX and I keep having to change the default audio device before starting FSX.

It used to work correctly with the legacy version.

Guest JustanotherPilot

just an update, it appears my usb headset/mic was screwing up my setup, speakers are default sound- output headsets secondary, I've sorted most of it out and now get FO and briefing  coming through the headset  some sounds through the speakers but no ATC in either. I have selected them in the the P3D sound setup.  Interestingly, I get ATC through headsets when not using FS2Crew. Still a work in progress but got me stumped where ATC got to in FS2Crew