Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

How often may I download a purchase?

I did a search on this forum but couldn't come up with what I am looking for. So, I am sorry if this question has been asked before.

I purchased the 737-800 I think back in 2012. I have since had a hard drive failure where it was located.

I have checked and it seems I can no longer download my purchase. Is there a time limit or download limit for my purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

I have checked and it seems I can no longer download my purchase.

Are you sure? We removed the requirement for extended download service a while ago. If you go back to your account page, click "view previous orders" find your order, and then scroll down to the bottom of the order page. There should be a link.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle. I checked about a month ago and if I remember correctly it said it was no longer available for me. I have downloaded it along with the livery I want.

Now I just have to check the forums to see if it is compatible with FSX SE etc.

Thanks again.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Now I just have to check the forums to see if it is compatible with FSX SE etc.

The latest update (which is included in the version you just downloaded) made it FSX:SE compatible, yes.

I checked about a month ago and if I remember correctly it said it was no longer available for me.

You might've seen that a while ago, but only before when we released SP1d (the FSX:SE compatibility update) for the NGX, which came out in March.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks once again Kyle. Not sure if I want to go with FSX SE or stick to FSX. Never have problems with FSX so I am just testing the two to see the advantages of one over the other. I've been using MSFS since 1984, so it's difficult to switch from something I am so familiar with.

Thank you again.

Bob G.

Not sure if I want to go with FSX SE or stick to FSX. Never have problems with FSX so I am just testing the two to see the advantages of one over the other. I've been using MSFS since 1984, so it's difficult to switch from something I am so familiar with.
Technically it is 99% the same product barring some UI changes and multiplayer.

Are you sure? We removed the requirement for extended download service a while ago. If you go back to your account page, click "view previous orders" find your order, and then scroll down to the bottom of the order page. There should be a link.

That is what I thought too but today I purchased the 738 and got the following in the email.  I find this confusing and want to ensure I can continue to download if needed the 777 I previously purchased and this.  If not I doubt I will buy the DC6.  

Harry Woodrow

===================

SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD ORDERS:  You should download your purchase from the link provided below.  IMPORTANT: If you click on the download link and nothing happens, CUT/PASTE THE DOWNLOAD LINK TO YOUR BROWSER.

EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE ORDERS: Your purchase has been recorded in your account.  In order to receive access to your download, you must open a Re-Download ticket in PMDG's Support Portal:   

EXTENDED DOWNLOADS ARE NOT SENT WITHOUT COMPLETION OF A TICKET!  Upon receipt of your ticket, our support staff will verify that the Extended Download purchase exists in your account, then send you a new copy of your original download link to use!

Your extended download service is available to you for 12 months.  If you need to re-download during this period, simply follow the instructions above.

NOTE:  Your re-download confirmation is an exact duplicate of your original purchase receipt and download, so it will include the original pricing information from your original purchase.  Please do not be confused- this simply a copy of your original purchase receipt.

Harry Woodrow

Don't worry Harry, they haven't updated the boilerplate for that email... that's all. You will have access to your purchase history in your sales account and in the purchase details you will find a download link.

Dan Downs KCRP