Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Windows 10 updates no choice folks

Well tooling around in f1 kingair and started getting serious stutters - then said hmm bet it windows 10 doing something in the background low and behold message center had some updates waiting for me - security updates and nvidia driver - hmm I shut off all of the switches and even reg hack to make sure it wouldnt over write my nvidia driver well thats out the window - it installed the driver and you have no choice so as I like Windows 10 its starting to look very intrusive and not cool imo and I am running pro version go figure 

Rich Sennett

Hi,

did you try this (#6)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/100637-windows-10-updates/?hl=%2Bwindows+%2B10

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi,

did you try this (#6)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/100637-windows-10-updates/?hl=%2Bwindows+%2B10

Kind regards, Michael

Seen this post Mike - so that does not work - I did all of this couple of days ago doesnt matter its all smoke and mirrors the switches dont work MS isint stupid or are they

Rich Sennett

There is a thread on simforums.com about this. It doesn't look very good at all! Its not just windows 10. There is something going on the world in general that Is very sinister indeed. I think we are entering into an age when all of the freedoms and civil liberties hundreds of thousands and at this point perhaps millions gave the lives for are about to be eradicated. The future of freedom looks very bleak indeed :-(

There is a thread on simforums.com about this. It doesn't look very good at all! Its not just windows 10. There is something going on the world in general that Is very sinister indeed. I think we are entering into an age when all of the freedoms and civil liberties hundreds of thousands and at this point perhaps millions gave the lives for are about to be eradicated. The future of freedom looks very bleak indeed :-(

No kidding put up with this crap on work pc - so aggravating cant even do my job with all the bs running in the background and 3d designing is hard enough on a pc never mind all of this nonsense in the background pi#$%#s me off

Rich Sennett

And get this- now you can't even get the current nvidia drivers from their site. They get pushed thru win update only so you don't even have the option for a duu install. Not happy at all, this needs to get fixed/stopped asap.

Then buy an edition of Windows 10 does allow updates etc.

Been telling people for weeks about this. It's a disaster for simmers that want to control what Microsoft changes on their system without their knowledge or permission.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Then buy an edition of Windows 10 does allow updates etc.

Pro edition is suppose to be able to have controls on what is installed - yet you dont - super

Rich Sennett

Wow, that escalated quickly.

- Bill Magann

Pro edition is suppose to be able to have controls on what is installed - yet you dont - super

Nope, Pro edition only allows you to prolong the installation, not choose what it installs. Plenty of websites have already taken apart the Licensing agreement and discussed what Microsoft plans on doing with their universal OS, one of which is the inability to control updates to the OS. While you may postpone the installation, it will also affect future security updates that you receive (in some cases, your system may not even qualify for a new security update until you've installed the previous set). Should have researched a bit more before jumping the gun and making it your primary/sim OS.

I will probably go Dual Boot Windows 10 for P3D V3 hopefully DX12 and Windows 7 for everything else.

Once I get it running nicely, I'll remove any and all LAN drivers from Windows 10 so it cannot connect to internet at all :-) Sure there are some drawbacks but its a start. I am not letting those nosy SOB's mine my privacy.

http://betanews.com/2015/07/26/windows-10s-automatic-updates-for-nvidia-drivers-could-break-your-computer/

There could be quite a spectacular MS car-crash on Wednesday if the powers-that-be don't get this problem sorted out rather rapidly! I don't know exactly what percentage of the Global GPU market Nvidia currently has - but I think that MS might just be about to alienate half of the PC owners in the World.

Well after last security updates my f1 kingair doesnt work - super

Rich Sennett