Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

I7 4790K and 0.9FPS in P3D

Hello,

I've always had problems with FPS in P3D. but this is horrible. I reinstalled it recently and I'm getting 0.9-1 FPS. NO scenery FPS limiter is at unlimited, and I only added the Optimized_Parts=1 tweak, everything else is default. What is happening? 

I7 4790K @4.5 GHz

GTX 650 

16GB RAM

NO I wont but a GTX Titan or any other new graphics card, I shouldn't have to, there are people with lower end systems then me that I heard of that are pulling 30FPS in the PMDG 737 at heavy scenery airports. 

Without telling us more, I can at least suggest that something is very clearly wrong.

Try playing with the affinity mask.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

This sounds more serious than a cfg tweak. Something in your bios might be preventing your discreet gpu from functioning, your pci express lanes could be compromised, really tho no setting even with imbedded graphics should be causing that much grief. Have you changed any of your hardware recently?

An AF shouldnt have anything to do with 1 FPS. It's gotta be something much simpler / not installed correctly...

On top of what others have mentioned about there being something seriously wrong, your GPU is also a massive bottleneck for your 4790.

NO I wont but a GTX Titan or any other new graphics card, I shouldn't have to, there are people with lower end systems then me that I heard of that are pulling 30FPS in the PMDG 737 at heavy scenery airports.

Yes, you ARE going to have to buy a new card at some point and it will be self evident when you reach that point. As mentioned, your frame rate has nothing to do with your card.

Be prepared to spend some time providing additional info on your system if you expect help here.

Cheers,

Mark

Sorry, internet went down.

Update. Guys on the VATSIM FaceBook Group gave me a few tips, we turned on and off a few things and it seemed to help. Initially when I installed I couldn't get more than 0.9FPS, but they had me turn off shadows and it shot up to 50FPS ( so I know my computer is CAPABLE of good FPS), and then I turned them back on and it went down to 25FPS.  I'm reinstalling it as I type, they suggested I do in the case a file was corrupt. I am planning on upgrading my GPU, but some people think I can run out tonight and fetch a new GPU (no one in particular). 

I am aware my GTX 650 is a bottle neck, you aren't the first person to mention it, but until I can get a new GPU, I might need assistance on working with what I got. 

Any info you guys need? 

I dont know anything about NVIDIA Inspector or programming, so that's where assistance would be best if tweaking does get to that level .

I am aware my GTX 650 is a bottle neck, you aren't the first person to mention it, but until I can get a new GPU, I might need assistance on working with what I got. 

Any info you guys need? 

If I had to wait it out for the graphics I would simply

Fly FSX for now, same as using your VCard for now...

otherwise >>  ContinuousAggrevation=1

Oh, my history with PC's and FSX goes too far back. My FSX performance is perfect and I will stick with it for now, but I would love to get P3D up and working in my free time. 

Oh, my history with PC's and FSX goes too far back. My FSX performance is perfect and I will stick with it for now, but I would love to get P3D up and working in my free time. 

Oh I know.

I would love to buy the family beachfront and renew my real life PPL but ever since the oil embargo life has been expensive....

There have been some used 780 video cards offered for sale and they were pretty reasonable. If I remember correctly one was about $150. Might be an option. I'm running a 3 gig 780 and am happy with it.

Dave

otherwise >> ContinuousAggrevation=1

Hmmm I thought this value was hardcoded into all the current sims. Is it tweakable?

otherwise >>  ContinuousAggrevation=1

You got THAT right... :P