Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

I7 4790K and 0.9FPS in P3D

What are your CPU temps? How much vcore voltage you running. What performance are you getting in other games? No offense but running a 4790k and a small card like the GTX650 makes no sense. I would consider buying a gtx770 4gb. The reason I say this is your 650 is a major bottleneck in performance.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hmmm I thought this value was hardcoded into all the current sims. Is it tweakable?

(ContinuousAggrevation=0 IF and ONLY IF (daddy=$ AND P3Dbandwidth=64))

however, inevitably, OccasionalAggrevation>0 in all cases.

Guest JustanotherPilot

I have the 4790K and the worst frame rates I've gotten is 20fps, I'd adjust the sliders   on most selections down, 2048x2048 textures also (mine) in the P3D Display options. As previously mentioned it sounds like your cpu  core allocation isn't working. Run task manager/processes while running P3D and see if ALL of the cores are being utilized. I've fiddled with AF and this processor, and have found it makes no difference, P3D internally takes care of AF, but it's up to you. Do you get the same frame drop in FSX if it's installed?

I have

a 4790K HT @ 4.6G, allocation=254 // 16Gx2400 RAM

with AMD 290 4G videocard /

separate SSD 's for Win8.1, and P3D

3 independent sound systems (2 headphones)

UHD 3840x2160 39 inch + DELL 1200x1920 24", both always on

fps locked at 21 sometimes dips below in clouds, HD airports all OK with 35%AI

can hover around 14 fps, and less... when in dire straits. I dont mind I love eye candy

I have been doing some serious amateur tinkering in the last couple of days with Nvidea control panel + Nvidea inspector + P3D panel and anything else that looks interesting to fiddle with, to try and get ultimate settings for my Rig as I didn't think I was getting the most out of it. I done all my testing with unlimited FPS on, flying over Dublin/ Ireland Orbtx Region, some clouds, sliders half way all around and was using the Default Robinson chopper and was getting bad performance, 19/20 and a little stuttery

I only fly P3D, my specs are i7-3930k. 3.2 stock GH turbos up to 3.9 "supposedly" 16 gig of ram and a GTX 690 4 gig sli card 2+2. I thought about over clocking because 3.2 is the equivalent of an ashtray on a motorbike, but soon realised I know nothing about it, so I thought I would work with what I have and educate myself a little.

The Nvidea control does nothing for me what's so ever.

Nvidea Inspector is great but hard on system. when in flight I opened my NI and clicked the little load sensor thing to show individual load and temps, when I locked my frames at 32 it actually took the pressure off my CPU when I hit unlimited it put the CPU work load up to 100%. (Not my invention I read it somewhere, think it was VIC) with it locked at 32 it actually raised the FPS from 24 up to 32!!! (So far I'm very impressed with myself)

Maybe this is mad but I found that making a shortcut of my Shader file to my desktop and deleting it ever so often actually helps quite a bit, for me anyway, don't know why though.

I knocked down the shadows + water setting + road vehicle. Texture is 15, mesh at 5.

Using NI for anti ailising, 8 sccs

So anyway that's as far as I got, of and I love the default Robinson it's actually lovely to fly.

No offense but running a 4790k and a small card like the GTX650 makes no sense

No offense as well, but how did this happen?

Was this box on sale?  :P

Cheers,

Mark

So I reinstalled P3D and on the default flight I jump around from 13FPS to 25FPS. If the ONLY fix is to spend a few hundred $$ on a new GPU, then I guess it's FSX for now. 

For the most part, I run my P3D locked at 20fps and it's smooth as silk. I run in SLI mode so it's possible to get more FPS but if it's smooth at 20, why bother? Doesn't look any better.

Try locking at 20 and adjusting your settings to get smooth operation. Remember things like clouds, tessellation, HDR hit the GPU hard while AI traffic and autogen hit the CPU. If you overload your GPU it will steal cycles from the CPU and your FPS will not only go down, it will become choppy.

Try to find that sweet spot for YOUR hardware.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Idk what's going on with you alls setups. If my frames drop below 30 I get upset. What are your shadow quality settings? Those kill FPS. I run low quality shadows and pretty much everything else to the right.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

So I reinstalled P3D and on the default flight I jump around from 13FPS to 25FPS. If the ONLY fix is to spend a few hundred $$ on a new GPU, then I guess it's FSX for now. 

Did you modify the new P3D install in any way?

If not, completely back out the OC.

Reboot.

Let us know the result.