Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Rapid throttles acceleration on approach. P3D 2.5 here

I guess i expected the VNAV to change to MCP speed and THR, VNAV spd when i called for the flapsup speed but again am i correct that the first vector waypoint is the issue and my mistake?

Hi, Michael,

It seems to me that if you had VNAV clicked on in the MCP and therefore armed (or same for FLCH), and you were following the FD, and you had 250 or less set in the speed window of the MCP, you should not have exceeded 250 until you got over 10,000 (and along the way thrust should have switched to the pre-selected climb thrust). Even with the autopilot off, VNAV and FLCH will still work in the sense that, if you follow the FD pitch bar, you should not exceed the target speed.  The target speed should not go over 250 until you pass 10,000, unless you selected a higher speed on the MCP, it seems to me.

I don't see how having "vectors" selected as the active waypoint in the FMC would affect the speed.

As Dan noted, it's unclear what pitch mode, if any, was active.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Michael,

It seems to me that if you had VNAV clicked on in the MCP and therefore armed (or same for FLCH), and you were following the FD, and you had 250 or less set in the speed window of the MCP, you should not have exceeded 250 until you got over 10,000 (and along the way thrust should have switched to the pre-selected climb thrust). Even with the autopilot off, VNAV and FLCH will still work in the sense that, if you follow the FD pitch bar, you should not exceed the target speed. The target speed should not go over 250 until you pass 10,000, unless you selected a higher speed on the MCP, it seems to me.

I don't see how having "vectors" selected as the active waypoint in the FMC would affect the speed.

As Dan noted, it's unclear what pitch mode, if any, was active.

Mike

Thanks everyone.

Its clear that i did not check pitchmode because of my lack of experience and rather high workflow with FS2CREW commands etc. When i commanded the FO for the flapsup speed should pitchmode change to?

I will try again and see what i did wrong.

I am rather sure i armed VNAV before takeoff and at least had TOGA in pitchmode on ground.

Thanks again

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi again,

Okay its clear now that the "set flaps-up speed" command does not excist in the PMDG777 FS2CREW version  <_<  . Old habbit with the NGX i guess.

Pitchmode is going to VNAV SPD /240 so i must have given the bird another command with FS2CREW i guess

Thanks

Michaelk Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Having this problem again, since I started to fly T7. This time I have panel flight situations before rapid throttle acceleration and 5 seconds after it occurred. Please let me know the e-mail where I should send those files. 

Thanks

Dmitriy

Again, I tried to disarm both A/T, disengage A/T, disengage A/P and F/D, even disconnected my joystick...nothing helps as physical throttles at VC were moved to full throttle at N1~1,000

One more thing I'd like to mention.

Once I noticed the rapid throttle acceleration, I switch lower PFD to "Control" mode and found that my rudder and ailerons were in-operatable that tells me that flight controls were dead once I reached the level FL110 and throttle controls erratic behavior was a part of overall controls' malfunction during the approach phase.

So, at this point I have no idea what to do. It's obviously not my joystick as this behavior happens all the time at flight level FL 110-130. Can FS2crew contribute into this? Or saved panel/flight situations?

Best Regards

Dmitriy T 

Are you sure you do not have other controller axis also assigned to those functions? Most sims, p3dv2 included, set default assignements for most axis. I always take some time after installing a sim, making sure I delete all such defaults.

As I read you first post today I was about t suggest you were simply experiencing the A/T kicking in when you reach the amber zone of the speed tape, but the erratic behaviour of your controller axis suggests multiple controllers / axis assigned to the same tasks ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I always take some time after installing a sim, making sure I delete all such defaults.

Yeah. This is one of the things I've found catches me off guard in new sims, especially because my hardware has no shortage of axes.

Kyle Rodgers

Folks,

Thanks for the quick response.

First of all, as I have mentioned earlier, I have extremely primitive MS joystick back from 2003 or 2004. I thought it's merely plug-and-play hardware with no need for an additional calibration. It has ran well and without problems through FS2002 - FSX cycle and survived Leved-D, all PMDG stuff, Wilco bird and many others. No problems or whatsoever.

Secondly, what course of action would you recommend to test the theory of multiple joystick assignments. Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Dmitriy T.

Secondly, what course of action would you recommend to test the theory of multiple joystick assignments.

As Jose mentioned, it's pretty simple:

Look at your axis assignments in the options menu.

Kyle Rodgers

The update.

1) Double checked all the keys/axis assignments and found no duplicates

2) Made a test flight with T7 (VHHH - WSSS) and problem occurred again at FL100-120.

3) Decided to test NGX, made a test flight with NGX and ran into EXACTLY the same scenario on throttles drove themselves crazy.

I noticed another thing. No only throttles went mad, but rudder and elevators turned up dead as well. HOWEVER, joystick's views' controls remained alive and well as well as ailerons.

Aerosoft Airbus does not have this issue.

Have no idea what to do honestly.

Perhaps FSUIPS issue? Active Camera issue?

If you haven't already. backup your fsuipc ini file and move it someplace like the desktop and try again. There's really no need to use fsuipc for your primative controls, PMDG doesn't need fsuipc.

Dan Downs KCRP

Can't do this as RC4 rely on FSUIPS

Hi, Dmitriy,

It seems very likely to me that some addon is causing this problem.  The sudden change in temperature as you descend seems especially suspicious -- what weather programs are you using?  Does the temperature change so dramatically with other aircraft?

One thing that occurs to me is that FSUIPC has some weather settings -- are they active at the same time as another weather program?  Also, do you have more than one weather program running?

You may very well have to disconnect FSUIPC and other addons to troubleshoot this problem.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Really weird, and I ran out of suggestions :-/

But you're using a much more complex setup than I do - I use no add-ons in P3dv2 other than PMDG's 777 and ASN, and I do not use FSUIPC.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for the suggestions folks,

I'll be doing a lot of testing today to locate the issue. Quick question - is there any logging option within P3D/PMDG/FSUIPS engine to track the event? 

Hi, Dmitriy,

It seems very likely to me that some addon is causing this problem.  The sudden change in temperature as you descend seems especially suspicious -- what weather programs are you using?  Does the temperature change so dramatically with other aircraft?

One thing that occurs to me is that FSUIPC has some weather settings -- are they active at the same time as another weather program?  Also, do you have more than one weather program running?

You may very well have to disconnect FSUIPC and other addons to troubleshoot this problem.

Mike

Mike,

I use ASN with latest beta. Going to reset FSUIPS defaults later today.