Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

Win 7 - Gone FSX - Gone

I took the opportunity of a Win 10 Preview install to zap FSX - haven't flown FSX in many months, so what's the point of taking up space on a perfectly good SSD?  Interesting to note that in the P3D uninstall/reinstall, I have over 30 Flight Sim related products to reinstall.  Scenery, Aircraft, utilities, it doesn't end,  I have another couple of days of installs, config and tweaking simconnect and network connections until I can get a flight in.

I first bought MS Flight Simulator way back in about 1986 and faithfully purchased every version since.  The few times I flew in FSX since installing P3D over a year ago, the visuals just don't seem quite up to par with P3D.

Now it's Win 10 and P3D for me.

Jeff Callender 

Jeff Callender

Hi Jeff

If i were you i would keep my P3d install fairly light.I don't load it up too much simply because of the updates that come along.

the last 3 have been hotfixes,quite soon though there should be a major update and you will find yourself doing it all over again.

No timestamp on the update though.I've installed FTX Globall and OpenLC eur,a  couple of aircraft and that's about it.REX software stays as is(very handy)

steve

I remember my move from fs2004 to FSX,it was impressive at first sight

But the P3D visuals is bigger than the gap from f2004 to fsx.

After on and off setup of my pc build and p3d setup since January , finally completed OC etc to make a flight @4.84GHz AND I MUST SAY VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Infact lets exercise caution here, when I say P3D visuals very impressive I mean with

ASN ,Fsglobal Ultimate, Rex4+soft clouds + FTX global and the combination with powerfull pc is amazing.

But still a very tough getting things going, so many incompatible or supposedly compatible addons, can make maintaining P3d a nightmare compared to FSX. Don't P3d without a backup system that allows incremental backup so that you can backup TonsOfGigs in flash

Shokcing to find I had to correct things from backup, even during the process of p3d , addons and OC setup.

Great visuals, but its a crime to maintain without powerfull backup. The only other thing I enjoy more than tweaking now is backing up, then when I get bored I fly.

Can you imagine if we all listed our complete order history of flightsim related materials how much that would add up to?!?! :lol:

Okay I'll start...Screenshot%205.pngPage one of  from only one store....:::gulp:::

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

you might loose a few friends with this compare fortu8ne spent on add-ons game.

If I researched mine, ill probably have to go see a shrink.