Sign in to follow this  
Garciamk3g

Having trouble when taxing via VC

Hello everyone I've been away from Flight Simulator for quite some time now as I previously lost my flight simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X Installs. 

It's been 5 months maybe 6 since I haven't flown but 2 weeks ago I started rebuilding My flight simulator`s. Anyhow I am now running an Intel Core 2 quad 8 gigs of ram and I have now A GTX 970 with 4 gigs Of Ram.

My problem is no longer stutters Or poor frame rates .......my problem is small hitches while I'm in VC and taxing with AI traffic on.

I'm running 40 frames per second locked at 41 I have also locked it at 31 and get a steady 30 no drops whatsoever

Again...the problem I am encountering only happens every few seconds then it's extremely smooth ,and only happens when AI Traffic is on.

So I would assume it has something to do with AI I am currently using world of AI or for short WOA (DXT3) 1024X1024 16Bit.

I have searched the textures for missing alphas And have fixed them all so alpha channels are no longer a problem.

When the slight hitch occurs The top menu of my flight simulator slightly flashes any ideas thanks in advance.

I have used DXT3fixer to fix the majority of missing Alphas and DXT3Bmp to add the ones DXT3fixer missed manually.

the problem also occurs every now and then while flying in VC mode but not as frequent.

I found the missing Alphas with AlphaSearcher

Sent from my 7040N using Tapatalk

Last edited by Garciamk4; Yesterday at 02:04 PM.

Probably a missing AI texture or entire plane.

When called by the AI flightplan, there will be a momentary pause as it fails to be located.

I use ACA2005 to fix this kind of thing.

Probably a missing AI texture or entire plane.

When called by the AI flightplan, there will be a momentary pause as it fails to be located.

I use ACA2005 to fix this kind of thing.

Thank you Wingz i found th Aircraft Analyzer 2005  utility and will give it a try really appreciate the advice another fun Usefull and interesting utility to add to my collection

Hope it works for you... even if it doesn't solve the immediate problem you may find it useful in the long term, it has many useful bits if you take the time to explore..

I am enjoying it quite a bit did find 1 WOA AIRCRAFT had missing textures Citation didn't get rid of the issue yet but still hunting  i did notice it only happens when Airlines is checked it doesn't happen when GA traffic is the only one checked under traffic settings in FS9 so it must be within the AI :-) i will continue to explorer with ACA2005 for more possible causes 

Don't remember if ACA2005 has this among it's fault finding capabilities, but missing effects (.fx) files can cause this as well. WOAI is notorious for this, referencing non default .fx files in their aircraft.cfgs, like Nick's smoke, or even Shockwave light effects :blink: . Every time another AI aircraft wants that effect, cpu cycles are wasted hunting.

Simplest fix is create a copy of an equivalent default .fx file and renaming it accordingly, Or if not too many aircraft.cfgs are involved, just edit them instead.

But finding which ones requires a utility like Process Explorer (which is also just generally useful in finding issues which waste cpu cycles within fs generally.) 

Regards,

Mark