Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

Your opinion/knowledge please

Howdy everyone!

So I'm thoroughly enjoying my new rig with P3D and a 49" 4K TV...but I've got an quick question.

Why does it seem no matter what I do, there is always some sort of tearing going on somewhere with the textures? Mainly on buildings. I have heard rumours, is it because NVidia doesn't play as well with P3D as Radeon does? Also, does P3D not utilize SLI of any type of card, or only NVidia? Either way, I an EVGA GTX970 OC 4GB that I am either going to sell on eBay and grab a GTX980 / Radeon 390X or I'm going to SLI another 970 in the mix. Which would be the better choice? Antialiasing on the isn't really doing that great.

I just got my rig off a kiddo on Craigslist. He had just built it but was leaving the country for work and needed to ditch it. Here's the specs...

ASUS X-99A

Intel i7- 5820K

16GB of Ram

Windows 10

EVGA GTX970 OC 4GB DDR5

It didn't receive any installation DVD with my purchase and I can't for the life of me figure out how to flash the bios. The BIOS comes on a .cap file and I have to use a certain renaming device to get the process going. Basically, a pain in the butt and my Flash is saying its not a valid BIOS file...check out my device manager...

Screenshot%204.png

Where the heck do I start with this one?!?! LOL.  Either way, system works great, I may just have to get used to a bunch of yellow flags :)

Thanks yall,

Brian

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

It didn't receive any installation DVD with my purchase and I can't for the life of me figure out how to flash the bios. The BIOS comes on a .cap file and I have to use a certain renaming device to get the process going. Basically, a pain in the butt and my Flash is saying its not a valid BIOS file...check out my device manager...

I have an Asus Z-97A and I managed to update my bios by downloading the .cap file alomg with some updater utility and place them on a USB stick. I then booted into the UEFI bios and there was a fairly straight forward bios update option. Check your BIOS to see if it has one and then I can advise you further if you want.

Do not know what the heck is going on with all those yellow flagged devices in your device manager though! If you haven't got it sorted yet, could you send me a higher resolution screenshot of it, as I can't really make out the text.