Sign in to follow this  
lolsokje

Can't get 'shifted 2' working on the Saitek Yoke mode selector

LINDA version: 2.6.3

LINDA module name: PMDG 737 NGX version 1.9

Sim version: FSX

Aircraft: PMDG 737 NGX, latest version

I found out about LINDA yesterday, and today I wanted to try it out. It's been quite easy to get everything working, but there's one thing I just can't work out. I've got the unshifted and shifted 1 working. With that I mean that when in mode 1 on the yoke (which is unshifted) I can assign buttons, and they do what I tell them to do in the unshifted window. When I change to shifted 1 (mode 2 on the yoke), the buttons do what I've told them to do in that window (so shifted 1). But when going to shifted 2 (which is mode 3 on the yoke), nothing happens. I've assigned some buttons to do stuff, but nothing happens. See the screenshots below to see how I set up the mode switch in the 'on press' column.

yg1nRaZ.jpg?1 w4o0F3X.png?1 bCpTe0F.png?1

Unshifted                          Shifted 1                         Shifted 2

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hi lolsokje

Welcome to LINDA. You need to avoid mixing the shift function. The original shift functions are LOCAL and GLOBAL. The UNSHIFTED, SHIFTED ONE and SHIFTED TWO were introduced to specifically for the Saitek and CH Eclipse Yokes.

For the Saitek, you should only need to set the unshifted functions for switch positions 9, 10 & 11 to UNSHIFTED, SHIFTED ONE & SHIFTED TWO. (The corresponding buttons for the CH Eclipse are 24, 25 & 26). The shifted 1 and 2 will read the unshifted values.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Ah ok, that makes sense. I followed a tutorial someone posted here a while ago, and it said you had to use the GLOBAL shift to make it work. Will see if it works like you explained it. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to edit my other one.

When I do what you say (assign unshifted, shifted 1 and shifted 2 to button 9, 10 and 11 on my yoke, on the unshifted page), all buttons do what I have assigned them to do in page 2 (shifted 1). So even if I have mode 1 or 3 selected, all buttons do what mode 2 should do. Any fix for this?

Ok, nevermind. For some reason I got it to work, by doing the same exact thing I've been doing all the time..

Good news. Can you tell us what you did and what assignments are now working?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have no idea to be honest. I had already tried doing what you said (set unshifted, shifted 1 and shifted 2 on the unshifted page, and nothing on the other pages), but then it didn't work. I then started screwing around with different options, assigning different shifted methods on different pages, but nothing worked. Then I went back to what you said again, and all of a sudden it worked. I'm not complaining, it's just rather strange imo.

I have been setting up Linda, just for my saitek yoke and throttle for two days now. I tried to use it on my saitek switch panel and I found it easer to stay with SpAD and FSUIPC. Tried to use the engine rotary switch for engine selection, I fly twins with one QT, and can,t get this simple function to work. I spent this afternoon just trying to get the shift modes to work. I am finding no clear instructions, no manual for the new version and all the answers to questions refer to CH yoke because that is what the developer is using. Even hear the question was about saitek yoke and CH gets in there. The poster provided a clear diagram and is responded to with unclear instructions.

I love the Lua features and Lvars as I learn it. The developer is trying top provide a simpler solution to FSUIPC and this is the way to go but unclear documentation is making it just as difficult as FSUIPC.

I am venting after spending 10 hours on this today. Good concept, better documentation is needed to make it the go to choice.

Finally Got The Shift Mode to work for my ProFlight Yoke. See Chart. A lot of my issues were due to not reloading the LUA engine after making changes.

UNSHIFTED Page Button Press

9-UNSHIFTED

10-SHIFTED ONE

11-SHIFTED TWO

Shift Page 1 Button Press

9-UNSHIFTED

10-SHIFTED ONE

11-SHIFTED TWO

Shift Page 1 Button Press

9-UNSHIFTED

10-SHIFTED ONE

11-SHIFTED TWO

After making Changes Reset LUA Engine

Also Wait until Linda displays the scrolled message "Linda Restarted" the second time.

When I load Linda through the startup of FSUIPC, Linda loads my selected aircraft Lua file but the mode rotary does not work. FSX sync is orange in the Linda application but -- Aircrafts -- is selected. At this point rotary switch will not select the proper shifted page. I have to click on the FSX sync button twice in Linda and the FSX loaded aircraft will load in the Aircraft selection box (I use P3D). At this point the rotary still does not function properly. I now click the Linda Reload Lua engine button in the Settings page. Linda displays a message in the middle of your screen saying it is ready; but still it is not. You must wait for the "Linda Restarted" scroll message to scroll along the top of your display two times. After the second Linda Restarted message, Linda and the rotary shift mode functions now works. Linda Ver 2.6.4 (149)

This is my findings. I hope it helps.

Also Wait until Linda displays the scrolled message "Linda Restarted" the second time.

Thank for that. You are correct. The VRI Combo button lights are hardwired.  LINDA must be fully started for it to be able to synchronise the hardware lights and the LINDA control of the simulator panel lighting.  You say the LINDA Restarted message scroll along the top of the screen twice.  It should only appear once.  LINDA is not Ready until the Ready! message appears on the FCU/MCP or on the middle of the screen.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I am not using VRI combo. MCP is not enabled. On settings\Setup MCP Combo page: FSUIPC config states :Version: Start FSX to check" also fsuipc4.ini n/a [VRInsight] n/a x=COMO n/a

That is not correct. With my Saitek ProFlight yoke and TQ. the procedure I follow is exactly as explained. I have been fighting the rotary switch with Shift Modes 1, 2 and unshifted for days as i work on my aircraft action.lua file. The reason? I was responding to the Linda Ready Display message and not waiting long enough for Linda to be actually ready. I would make changes to my aircraft action file and  would test them by reloading Lua engine function. I would then test using my shifted modes and it would not work. Once it fails, it stays that way. Only giving you 2 modes with 3sw positions. button 9, 10, and 11. i am set up as explained in the earlier post with my shift modes. If i do not wait for the second Linda Restarted message i get this:

switch to shift mode settings: SW9 = Unshifted, SW10 = Shifted One, SW11 = Shift Two

starting from sw9 position at Lua engine reload, After Linda is Ready message but before 2nd Restarting message, this is what would happen"

sw9 = unshifted --> sw10 = shifted1 --> sw11 = shifted1 --> sw10 = shifted1 --> sw9 = shifted2

it will never correct its self. to get it to work I had to do exactly as described in previous post.

Thanks, I hope this helps

Hi,

I'm really impressed with the Linda tools. I only installed yesterday and have found it has perfect access to all the things I couldn't find on the airbus easily through FSUIPC.

I'm using P3D 2.5, FSUIPC 4.944a, Linda 2.6.4 and the Airbus module 4.3 v2

Here's my issue. I assign buttons according to a 3-position mode switch on the Cessna yoke which is recognized as button 23, 24, 25

UNSHIFTED:

Button 23: Unshifted

Button 24: Shifted 1

Button 25: Shifted 2

1:

2:

I have no repeats and no release settings

On a chosen button I have these settings for my modes as a test of external lights:

Unshifted, button 16 = Landing Lights toggle

Shifted 1, button 16 = Beacon Toggle

Shifted 2, button 16 = Taxi Light Toggle

If I restart the Lua engine in unshifted mode(button 23)  and hit button 16, the landing lights work OK.

If I move to mode 1, I get this in the console window, and the beacon lights work as expected:

LUA.0:  SHIFT MODE = 0
LUA.0:  local shift 1
LUA.0:  SHIFT LIM 06A30BD30 Mode = 1

I then proceed to move to mode 2, and I get this in the console window:

LUA.0:  SHIFT MODE = 1
LUA.0:  local shift 2
LUA.0:  SHIFT LIM 06A30BD30 Mode = 2

However button 16 still activates the beacon lights (taxi lights expected)

Rocking the switch back to Mode 1 again gives me this:

LUA.0:  local shift 1
LUA.0:  SHIFT LIM 06A30BD30 Mode = 1
LUA.0:  SHIFT MODE = 2

Beacons still active here (correct)

and finally back to unshifted gives:

LUA.0:  local shift 0
LUA.0:  SHIFT LIM 06A30BD30 Mode = 0
LUA.0:  SHIFT MODE = 1

and beacons again (landing lights expected)

So unshifted seems to work initially, but as soon as I move to mode 1, I can't seem to get out of it.

Can you see where I might be going wrong? Sorry for the long post. I was hoping as much info as possible would help.

Dave Hyde

crap_landing_dave

I'm really impressed with the Linda tools. I only installed yesterday and have found it has perfect access to all the things I couldn't find on the airbus easily through FSUIPC.

Hi Dave

Welcome to the LINDA community.  I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the Saitek Yoke.  I use the CH Eclipse Yoke myself with a 3 position locking switch and it is this that I used for testing the Shift function.  However, I know users of the Saitek have experienced problems.  I have moved your post here as it addresses the same subject as you problem.  If you could keep the discussion their there will be others who can assist. Failing that I will see what I can do when time permits.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK