Sign in to follow this  
ckelly14

Real Air Turbine Duke

Question for anyone that purchased the Turbine Duke for P3D:

I keep seeing that the Duke has "complete support for the GTN 750 from Flight 1".  I assume that means I need to purchase this separately.  However, isn't Flight 1 the company that is not supporting P3D?  I remember this when I was considering the Citation Mustang.  Does the GTN750 work with P3D?  If not, what is the "default" GPS?

Anyone have suggestions for a powerful turbine or corporate jet that uses the G1000?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Flight1 does not support P3D. 

But Flight1Tech does.

The difference ? The web site address. And the price.

Thanks.  I guess there is Flight 1 software and Flight 1 tech, two different companies!  Sorry for the confusion.  

The Hawker may just be the answer, however, I can't find it on the Carenado website.  Is it released or still in developement?

Ah yes, two different companies.

Hawker, go to 

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

click on `products`, click on `P3D`

Before you do purchase, have a very good read of

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/735-h850xp-fsx/

Might save you an expensive waste of time

It's hard to tell on the forums, but I assume you are being sarcastic and the two websites are actually the same company.  I guess I don't understand why they don't release the Mustang for P3D but I guess I'm no the only one that shares that sentiment.

I agree the Hawker feedback is indeed very mixed.  I think I will stick to the Duke, but if you have a corporate jet to suggest, please let me know.

Here's a stupid question:  when someone refers to the G1000, does that include both the PFD and MFD screens, or just the GPS part of the "glass cockpit".  I noticed on the Duke, it has a GPS screen but uses analog dials for the pilot information.

Is there a "glass cockpit" that uses the GTN 750?

Thanks again

The Garmin G1000 is a two screen system, PFD and MFD, with it's own GPS built in.

You can combine a G600 with a GTN 750..

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/in-the-air/avionics-safety/mfd-pfd/g600/prod6427.html

Bert:

Thank you.  I was a bit confused since Garmin makes both.

I just read your review of the Lionheart Epic Victory, so I was suprised you mentioned the Carenado instead.   I am currently flying the Kodiak Quest and love it, but I'm looking to break into a smaller jet.  What do you think?  I has the G1000...

Chuck

The Epic Victory is a "toy plane" IMHO.   The Hawker, for all it's shortcomings, is a very nice plane to fly, with the GTN750 mod applied.

BTW, send a PM with your email address if you would like a GTN750 mod for the Kodiak..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=52578&title=flight1-gtn-in-lionheart-kodiak

I assume I will purchase the GTN 750.  I also assume your mod replaces the MFD screen of the Kodiak with the GTN 750.  Does the PFD change?

I assume I will purchase the GTN 750.  I also assume your mod replaces the MFD screen of the Kodiak with the GTN 750.  Does the PFD change?

Click on the link to the screenshot.. I just cleaned up the PFD a bit..

Bert