Sign in to follow this  
ALF1

Transitioning to the new WX Radar enabled NGX

Using FSX I transitioned from the old airplane to the new Weather Radar enabled NGX the other day. I thought I would share my experience here.

I followed the instructions here in the forum and the first thing I did somewhat to my reluctance (I had a flawless NGX working) was to uninstall the old airplane. That was a breeze using the Program Removal feature in the Control Panel (WIN 7 64 Bit). All your airplanes will be gone in all the airline liveries. If you saved the old livery downloads, it is very easy to reinstall them again.

The only glitch that I had was an annoying recall fault on Before taxi flows in the Fuel System and the AntiIce system that generated a Master Caution even with everything set up correctly. I emailed a ticket to PMDG support--the forum being down in those days--which was answered within minutes by Paul Gollnick of PMDG Technical Support (How better can it get ) ?, and he pointed out to me that I should start the flight from scratch, not from an old saved flight.

Anyway the main point here besides a kudos to PMDG support, is that I removed all the flights saved with the old airplane and the new NGX is working flawlessly now.

As far as the WXR, I can only say WOW! using ASN it has a very realistic paint to precip in the cloud direction. If there is a lot of scattered precip around there will probably be precip and not cloud but if the echoes are large and associated with CB´s the precip will be there and if you point the airplane in a safe direction you will see visual relief  as well from the heavy clouds.

I am very happy with the WXR version of the NGX.

Alberto Ferracuti

Hummm.. I guess all this happened a good while back?

If you saw the panel state issue, that sounds like you don't have the latest update.

The last version which I have, had fixed that issue, and was the second update with ASN radar.

You might want to verify which update you have, and grab the newest version if you don't have it.

It has a few other tweaks too.

If you saw the panel state issue, that sounds like you don't have the latest update.

Nope. This, as Alberto mentioned, is caused by an old panel state being used in the new version.

Kyle Rodgers

I tryed  to download the SP1 d containing WX raddar to NGX but PMDG requests an order number of the basic pack. I bought it from another shop and the order number doesnt work. Anyone can help  me how do i proceed to get it.

I tryed  to download the SP1 d containing WX raddar to NGX but PMDG requests an order number of the basic pack. I bought it from another shop and the order number doesnt work. Anyone can help  me how do i proceed to get it.

Go to Aerosoft's support site. Find the NGX in the drop down menu. Click on the button to download the new file. It will prompt you for your license key. Enter this key and it will provide you with a new, FULL installer. Remove the version you have currently installed and install the new version from the file you downloaded without installing from the CD (or any other installer) first.

Kyle Rodgers