Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

FlyInsideFSX Virtual Reality Update - virtual desktop and Leap Motion demo

Dan Church the developer just issued an update. He shows how you can use desktop apps inside the VC without the need to remove the headset (e.g. chart look ups), also the ATC window can be used now. All this can be manipulated either through the mouse or you own hands using leap motion. Not yet showing manipulation of knobs and switches.

He is now very close his stretch goal so if you are interested have a think as to whether you want to contribute to his kickstarter.

I am currently using the FSX Alpha version (free) prior to the Beta release. It is mind boggling and that is in its current raw state.

I can only add that I am a true believer in OR for FSX/P3D. You just cannot explain what this software and Oculus Rift archives; it can only be experienced. Although the quality of the OR display is limited at the moment, the immersive experience more than compensates and you really believe that you are flying. No multi screen display can come anywhere near it as you can look round 360 degrees and see the world perfectly.

When CV1, the consumer version, is released early next year, and FlyInsideFSX is officially released for both FSX and P3D then this will be a a complete game changer for the flight sim community.

I am a backer of the Kickstarter campaign and hope that others will come on board.