Sign in to follow this  
Andrea1

Problems with installing

Hi,

It seems to me to have followed all the instructions in your FAQ and quick help topic etc but, by starting from a previous fs2crew NGX installation I didn't success in installing my new ngx reboot....

I cancelled and reinstalled my ngx files...administrators rights..cancelled simobjects NGX folders (apart my add on liveries)..enabled fs2crew reboot by using administrators rights..etc..etc but no chanche to get fs2crew reboot working (button edition) I tried differents letters to assign to that "autofeather function" but the problem is that in the ngx cfg file there is no istructions related to fs2 gauges...I tried three times..unistalling and reinstalling (and also each time updating my FMC AIRAC database) but without success..

Any idea?

I'll retry in the next days.I don't want to give up..but if all won't success I'm going to return to my "oldfashioned" but easy to use fs2crew ngx...

A simpler way (avoiding to unistall and reinstall all the ngx software) to pass from fs2crew to fs2crew reboot could be an idea for a future developpement (but if Brian couldn't do it I suppose is very difficult...)

Best

Andrea Buono 

Hi Andres,

Please open this file with notepad:

\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel\panel.cfg

Confirm you do not see any FS2Crew entries on it, like this:

window20=FS2Crew Main Panel
window21=FS2Crew Secondary Panel

Are you sure you pressed the "Enable" FS2Crew button on the new FS2Crew NGX Config Manager (not the legacy version)?

Make sure you're running the right Config Manager.

Each version of Reboot (Steam, Prepar 3D, MS FSX) has its own config manager based on installation selections.

Cheers,

Hi Brian,

Thanks you,

I checked my panel.cfg file (in reality in my configuration I got a "panel folder" having more than 1 file i.e. : panel, panel 4_3, panel_VC_high, panel_VC_low, panel_wide and 4 panel images and an HUD folder inside (the working panel should be panel_wide 'cause I use 2d view and wdewiew command in my fsx.cfg) but in no one of those panel file I can find a FS2crew entry, in fact my last window number is window19.

Yes I've used the correct fs2panel reboot configurator with administrator rights (and switched off my Windows firewall and my real time antivirus check before downloading fs2crew reboot....)

i'll try to reinstall on next days...

But..just a stupid question..(it's not certainly possible because it'd be too easy..) do you think that adding "by hand" your "windows20" and  "windows21" istructions at the end of all my panel.cfg files I could solve my problem?

Ciao

Andrea

do you think that adding "by hand" your "windows20" and  "windows21" istructions at the end of all my panel.cfg files I could solve my problem?

No because there are other entries you need to add too.

FS2Crew updates "panel.cfg" only.

That's the one the 737 loads, not the others.

You must have some kind of write permission issue if the Reboot Configurator is not updating the panel.cfg file.

Send me a Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

Hi Brian,

Thanks, I Will do.

I have also verified my UAC but is already in "low" position...

Ciao

Andrea

Hi!

I had the same problem when tried to install FS2Crew reboot. I was tried all options with no success. In my case I removed fsx.cfg and problem was solved.